pine barrens adventure

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by allphazes, Sep 19, 2009.

1. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Any cafe husky guys riding nj. pine barrens in oct 10/11?
  2. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wish I could but I'm injured. Also, if that's the pb500 I don't think I have enough cc's because they don't like the enduro guys in their event.
  3. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

It's not that enduro guys are not welcome, the ride is set up for large bore adventure bikes. A lot of distance between gas stops and a lot of street/dirt road mileage.
    It's not the type of ride you would want to ride an enduro-specific bike on anyway.
    Also, because it is on highly visible public roads, they don't want illegally plated dirt bikes getting pulled over by cops for spot inspections.( ie: 2 strokes, etc.)
  4. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I understand and have read a lot of discussion about how the bigger bikes get tired of the enduro guys revving behind them...no worries I didn't mean to sound cynical about it. I just feel for drz400s type guys that might want to join the trip and can't. My little 250 wouldn't be much fun on that ride for sure, but I don't think it would be bad on a 450/510 though I think they're out too right(under 600cc)?

:cheers:
  5. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Jack has opened this years Pine Barrens to all displacements. I'll be there on the 510!:applause:
  6. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now I'm really bummed I'm hurt though it would probably not be much fun on my bike.

They describe the intent pretty well here: http://www.pinebarrens500.org/

Now Open to All Size Dual Sport and

Adventure Style Machines!

Have fun everyone!
    -- gandalf
  7. BlipBlip! Husqvarna
    AA Class

Would all you street legal guys be interested in a fun invitational ONLY party series?

Something along the lines of an informal trail ride series that uses all areas of New Jersey not just state forest.

And again it would be for hard core street legal dirt bikes.
  8. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, yes and YES!!!:thumbsup:
  9. seredyns Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes I would be interested for sure! Currently nursing a broken wrist but I hope to be back in action in late October. Not sure if I will be ready for the early October ride.
  10. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    husky 123
    glad to hear another husky guy coming. We will get in on Friday night and stay at the hotel. Hope to meet you there.
    Bob
  11. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

We'll be there Friday night too....also staying at the hotel. Come see the BIG Dual Sport Armory trailer out front.:thumbsup:
  12. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dates conflict for this event, however I have registered for the Hammer Run Oct 31-Nov1.