1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Pipe for wr360? Nasty single track.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kris merrill, Mar 9, 2013.

1. kris merrill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Wr 300 - 1999 Wr 360
    I'm looking to pipe my wr360, I do a lot a single track nasty stuff, with some wide open hill climbs.

I have a wr300 with a pc2 race head and pwk, I love the power delivery but I always seem to be wanting more bottom end pull to get me through the nasties that turn in to a climb with no way to get any speed to start. So my solution is my wr360 engine into my frame, the 360 pipe is mangled as it is so I have to put a new pipe on it.

Do I put a pc2 pipe on it like my 300 and use my existing pc silencer?

Put a gnarly on it with my new factory silencer from my 2011 300?

Gnarly with a new FMF silencer?

Spend the bucks and put a dynoport pipe and silencer on it and call it a day.

The wr360 will have the airboot mod and the porting cleaned up, will probable have RB do the head also.
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

3. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    that's a lot,
    first I don't think Pro Circuit made a pipe for that if they did I would not mind one
    Gnarly pipes are OK I have one on a 360 but a 360 I sold had an UpTite that I felt was more in tune with the torque of single track
    definitely go aftermarket in the silencer I have one 360 with a stock one and one with an FMF Turbine Core another with Turbine Core II, the II sounds the smoothest, I mean in a big way not the annoying sound buzzing in your helmet
    ynoport makes a nice pipe, I have one and plan on replacing my Gnarly will give a report on that, fyi currently al 3 360's are FMF piped, not bad but the UpTite was a better pipe and I hope the Dynoport is as there are no UpTites left
    what airboot mod??????
    RB head is that a combustion mod or a decompresser
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    yes i really like my dynoportS there tuff dont know for sure about the fit but if your willing to pay for it rich will make one for you
  5. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just came from a mangled FMF gnarly back to not so mangled stock pipe. The stocker is a lot lighter than the gnarly. The gnarly, for all its weight and toughness, took a beating just as bad as the stock pipe. The gnarly is a big pipe so its easy to smash. Power is comparable between them with a slight edge to the gnarly.
    I also went to the stock silencer from Turbine Core II. I guess I'm using a stock race silencer since its alot lighter than the TCII as well. Similar bark.
    I'm in the same boat looking for another pipe. How many options do we have? Mines an '02.
  6. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    guess the 02 stock pipes are lighter that the 99, mine is heavier than the Gnarly
  7. kris merrill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Wr 300 - 1999 Wr 360
    Wally had mentioned in a post once that his gnarly with his boot mod (enlarge the boot that connects to the carb and reed cage to flow the same amount as the carb, it's made small as a restrictor) that the pipe had a good over rev. Kinda surprising for a gnarly.
    The dynoport always sounded like it was a screamer for power without loosing anything from the bottom, but not gaining anything either?
    I just assumed that PC made a pipe after having one on my 300. Motocross giant I believe lists a pc platmiun pipe for a wr360 I haven't called them to confirm this is right yet. It's not the platmiun 2 though.

Good input 2premo. Sounds like dynoport might take a while, mabey ill through a gnarly on it and see if I like it and then do a dynoport later if I'm still craving more.
  8. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    2premo? hay only meeee so how was the stock expansion chamber with the turbine core II pipe on it?
    ive two seperate rearends one for track one for road debating getting another slip on and what it chould be..
    i hadnt heard of dyno port till just now but there pipes look slick.
  9. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    took the stock pipe off my 93 after about 3 months
    the Gnarly was a little better on the bottom and mid, seemed to help more on top
    the stock pipe seemed weak by design
    bought a 99 with a Gnarly pipe and plan to switch it to the Dynoport next weekend
    the stock spark arrestor vs the turbine core is about the same just sounds soo much better it's hard to imagine
    same on the 99 but the turbine core II is even better sounding, might offer a little more on top but not much
    the sound alone is worth the investment
    ohmygewd likes this.
  10. Nathan S Husqvarna
    C Class

I've got a Gnarly on my 02 360. My since-sold '99 360 had a stocker.
    They're about the same just off idle, but the '02 is much stronger everywhere else.

Honestly, I reckon my bike has too much grunt right down low for the nasty stuff - it barks into life with tiny throttle movements. The newly purchased Beta 2T is WAY better, even though I was initially worried about the Beta's relative lack of bottom end.
  11. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was curious how the Beta 300 compares please elaborate
  12. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles: