1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc pipe on wr300 hitting rad

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kelwar, May 16, 2011.

1. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bottom of my left rad is completely smashed in from my pipe hitting the bottom of it every time I jump over a log it pushes up and hits it I have enduro designs rad braces but I wouldnt think they would move the rad over enough to cause a problem but who knows..... but has any one else had this problem and can you get a skid plate that goes over the pipe to protect it? thanks I have only 4 rides on the bike its driving me nuts every time I break some thing I cant seem to keep it like new [IMG]
  2. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 RMZ450 2005YZ250 2001 EXC300
    The pipe isn't strong enough to take log hits, it's bent. You could try a FMF Gnarly pipe (much thicker). Pipe gaurds keep them from getting dented, but the will still bend an contact the rad. I made a kevlar skid plate that extends and wraps around my pipe, but nobody makes anything like it and it's not an easy thing to make.
  3. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah I was hoping the pipe would be a little tougher than that I was going to fab up an aluminum skid plate but I always end up riding it instead [IMG] the pipe does look fine though no kinks or dents but there is only 1/4'' between the pipe and rad (also pushed in though) and I seem to remember almost a 1/2" when it was new. I only remember one "direct" log hit on the second ride but I didnt think it was near hard enough to bend it but I guess I was wrong ..... good excuse for a new pipe and silencer I guess [IMG]
  4. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1/4" gap is fine, as long as there is no contact. Try loosening your pipe mounts and tweeking it a little.
  5. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

I ended up taking the pipe off last night and I used the port a power and the spreader attachment to straight it back out and now I have an inch of clearance [IMG]
  6. motomaniac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. kelwar Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks I was surprised how easy it bent back I thought it would dent the pipe when I tried to spread it a part but it went right back into shape with out damaging it