1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Plastics for my 92 WXE

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AbramzTnk, Jan 8, 2011.

1. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

Gents, I have only found two places, so far, that even offer plastic for a 92-99 Husky. One, I'm sure you all know is DC Plastics (http://www.dcvmx.com/xcart/home.php?cat=254) and the other is MotoplasticsUS (http://motoplasticsus.com/). DC's stuff is super expensive and MotoPlastics offers fenders for the 92-99 TC/TE at half the price. Would one of you fine gentlemen know if the front and rear fenders for the WXE and TC/TE 92-99 are interchangeable? It would save me a little dough and give me a choice of black, yellow or white fenders.

Thanks,

Tank
  2. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

Just now bought a new "Factory Second" rear fender from DC plastics off of Ebay for 25 bucks. Not too bad, hope the "Blemish" is something small. Now for a front fender....the question still looms. Surely they are all the same.

Tank
  3. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

4. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Checked it out, I would like to know what you think of it when you get it, first it will come with a matte finsh, so it wont be real shiny, second its still kinda expensive.

If you just want a new front fender, I just ordered a kx250 99 new fender for my kx.
    wanted to change from green to black, because of your post I put the old green fender up into my 96 wxc, Not your's I know, But the point is it will fit just fine, I might have to drill bolt holes a little diff, I cant tell if they line up or not.

My point is a front fender is almost universal to a lot of bikes and ufo sells some good plastics, at good prices. They may not have your 92 listed, but you need to find something from another bike thats real close, and you have some choices. Unless you plan on keeping your bike true, parts wise.

Mike
  5. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Seems Halls has your fender for 26 bucks and some change, part number is 8C0064516, It's factory new husky fender.

heres the link to halls
    https://www.halls-cycles.com/Catalog/Halls-Cycles-Husqvarna.aspx
    Mike
  6. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks like adding your fender to my cart to get the price I have depleted the inventory, I just cancelled the order, so maybe its back in inventory for you, If not call them Monday
    and you may still be able to get it. Ohhh and its 29 bucks and some change not 25
    Mike
  7. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks for the info. You're the second person that has not been impressed with the quality of the DC line. I mated an old 2000 Rm 250 Fender to it and it looked like the the arc of the back of the fender was not quite sharp enongh where it wouldn't hit the radiator shrouds. The folks at Husqvarna-parts.com gave me the E-mail of a fellow in Holland that may have the real stuff, but again it's probably expensive to get shipped. I'll let ya'll know what I think of the DC Stuff. I want the bike to be a "rider", but still want it to look decent. The guys at motoplasticsus.com said that their front and rear fenders marked as TE/TC should mate up perfectly, an they are 29 bucks a pop, but you have a choice in a couple of colors.

Is the Hall's fender an Acerbis or other well known manufacturer product? I really appreciate the info and I'll keep ya'll informed.

Thanks for the info.

Tank
  8. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

I ordered a front and rear fender from Hall's...I'll take pics of both the DC stuff and the Hall's stuff and give my opinion. Hey, the way I ride, spare plastic always comes in handy.

Tank
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have both DC and motoplstics stuff. The Motoplastic stuff is very good. the DC stuff is hit and miss but sometimes all there is for the older bikes.
  10. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

You are correct, Sir. DC is the only place I have found radiator shrouds and Side cover/number plates. Halls had a right side, but no left side number plates. Thanks for the input.

Tank
  11. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

My DC Platics stuff came today. Let me start off by saying that, when I bought the plastics for the Ebay site, each order was separate as a "Buy It Now" item. DC Plastics refunded all of the shipping for the parts, except the one box they sent will all the plastic in it. I thought that was very commendable, and most parts sites don't do the same if you order stuff back-to-back.

That being said, I did order factory seconds, so my expectations were not extremely high, to begin with, on the finish. Fit, however, I do expect to be pretty close. My first impression of the front fender was pretty favorable. Yeah, it's not the shiniest, but for a "rider", it will suffice. I really couldn't find a blemish, to speak of, on the whole fender.

Next out of the box, were the side panels. They were a little more of a matte finish than the fenders, but no discoloration. The lines of the plastic aren't at sharp and defined as the stock stuff, but its new. There was one dimple in the plastic near where the right panel meets the fender, but it will be covered easily with a number background decal.

The shrouds were next out of the box....here is where my biggest disappointment lay. The Right-side shroud is bowed toward the outside on both top and bottom.....not bad and it can probably be remedied once it's mounted with a heat gun. Again, as a factory second, I really feel like I have nothing to be dissatisfied with. Do I wish there was a better alternative? Absolutely, but for 25 bucks, I at least have something to put on the bike.

The rear fender looks hoakey from the underneath, but it looks pretty good from the outside.

I have yet to mount any of it. The holes don't appear to be drilled exactly, but I believe that I can make it all work, though I will continue to search for better alternatives for the Shrouds and Side plate.

I'll post more when the plastic from Hall's comes in, as long as some of you are interested.

Tank
  12. AbramzTnk Husqvarna
    B Class

The Hall's ordered plastic arrived today. The Front fender does not have any ID on it it. It looks to be OEM. It's decently shiney, but nothing to write home about. The Rear Fender was made by Cemoto and is much nicer than the DC plastic because it is a single piece unit. The bag that the rear fender came in had a website so I just had to check it out to see what else they made for my year model bike. http://www.cemoto.it/indexuk.php

I am also in contact with Mr. Ben Van Erp in Holland, who has original radiator shrouds, side panels and yellow fork protectors for my 92. He is getting Paypal set up this week so we can complete the transaction. I was directed to him by the fine folks at Husqvarna-parts.com. Things seem to be coming together.

Anybody still want side-by-side pics of the plastic?

Tank