1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st plug fouling

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ndog360, Nov 3, 2009.

1. ndog360 Husqvarna
    C Class

just completly rebuilt my 00 wr 360, put everything back to stock jetting, runs fine feels a tad rich but everytime I go to ride it after its been sitting a while (i.e. between weekends) it won't start. I pull the plug and sure enough its fouled. However it nevers fouls when I'm riding even when I'm idling along for long periods? Ive never come across this before, am I right on the cusp, I'm running at 32:1 for the run in just as the manual states, any ideas
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Could the float be getting stuck in the bowl from sitting?
  3. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Could you post a pic of your plug? Is it wet from gas or all spooged up from oil? Put a new plug in it and go ride it and do a plug check afterwards.

you can tell alot from how the plug looks. 32:1 sounds a liitle rich for mixture.
  4. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    That's a pretty rich gas/oil mixture- what oil you using?
  5. ndog360 Husqvarna
    C Class

Castrol TTR, the mixture is as the manual states for run in, I might try one hotter plug, what does dry fouling normally indicate?
  6. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I always have and always will run 32:1 and I don't foul plugs.
    Jet for the ratio, don't change the ratio for the jets!

All 3 of my smokers and my weedwacker get the same drink from the same can and I rarely foul plugs (once a year maybe...). Makes life easy and provides adequate lubrication to their lower ends. Jetting the carb is much easier than rebuilding/replacing cranks and bearings.