PNW - Eddieville MX - this Saturday, May 16th

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by fitness2go, May 13, 2009.

1. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    If my wife decides to ride we will head over to eddieville...

I hope she does.

There is also a trials event in Goldendale both days.

Later,
  3. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That would be great if she does and the both of you come to Eddieville!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Heading to Bend to ride otherwise i would be all over this. Eddieville is FUN.
  5. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Got stamped "approved" by the peg leg. She need the Frontier that day though so..... I gots no horse to drag my cart.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    You got a plate :p
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Greg...we'll work it out!
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    ya, what he said. put that husky to work man.
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I am now 100% sure that I am going! Jake, will you be able to make it? I hope so! Greg (ioneater), Brian (BTC), Brett (slackkinghard), Richard Ro and Dillon are all going....whoooohoooo!

David
  10. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    It sure looks like Amy, my nephew, and I will be going. :thumbsup:

If Amy decides no to go now I still have to take my nephew... :D

Later,
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's great news! We should be arriving around 11AM, probably a little earlier.
  12. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    We will probably be there around noon. :thumbsup:

Later,
  13. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Four Husky's will be representing!
  14. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Stop making sense! It's kinda funny, I really don't like riding this thing on the hardtop anymore since having the street bikes. Only out of necessity! It would definitely turn this trip into an adventure.
  15. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Survived it......

Wow, that was different! Good kind of different. Trials tire + dry semi hard pack dirt. Corners were a major learning experience. Lots of places to get the bike off the ground with little effort. Some big air could be had by those wanting it. (not me yet) Rode down in Richard's pimped out 3500 Chevy extended van with David (F2G) and Dillon riding shotgun. 2 Yami's+2Huskies. Brett and Brian (BTC) were all ready there when we arrived before noon.

Here's some vid after 4 previous loops. For some reason I decide to stare at the berm at the end and well.... Jake (jmeteer) and his wife and nephew are out playing as well. Nephew is on the small Suzuki and the wife is on the KX100, looking good everybody!

http://vholdr.com/video/eddieville-0

Continuation from my little rest :busted:

http://vholdr.com/video/eddieville-1

Here's Brian and David working on a table top. Jake showed everyone up by doing the thing on his TXC 250+Brian's 510. I think he even cleared it with his wife's kx100. Thanks for putting our nads in a box dude:lol:. This motivated Brian to push it just a bit more and clear it easily. David made it as well, although it's not on video because........I started to play and didn't turn the damn camera on.

http://vholdr.com/video/eddieville

I never cleared it completely but was very close. Next visit! I went down twice the whole day, 1st time was on 1st lap and spun the rear out on a tight corner. 2nd time was in the rocky section with target fixation. I'm no speed demon but enjoyed every stinkin' minute of this place. Good folks to pick up tips and ribbing from + great riding facilities.
  16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That was a whole lot of fun in a much different way for me! I'm not used to doing tracks, but immediately saw the benefit of mastering one...not that I did. The trip down there was a good and long 4 hours in each direction, but was made very easy in Richard's DVD equiped MX van...4 guys seated comforatably with 3 bikes inside the van and 1 on an MX Hauler on the outside!

There was a GP style track that ended the loop by hooking onto an easy (no doubles) MX track. All in all, it was about a 15 mile loop...I think that's what I heard. Anyway, my first loop was a bit unnerving because it was really dusty. Even more, it was hard pack with a nice dusty thin layer of loose dirt on top and I'm running a trials tire (Pirelli MT 43) around flat corners everywhere. I felt like a beginner all over again going extremely slow from turn to turn. Not to mention, I'm just getting used to jumping and it was only my 2nd time on a motocross track...ever!

Fast forward 4 hours and I was starting to trust myself and more importantly, my bike around those flat corners! I was trying my best to take Richard's advice of dropping the bike into the corner, shifting my weight over the bike, slightly rear, at the same time weighting my outside peg and pushing my knee into the tank. Throttle control was key...you needed nice progressive and steady throttle. Also, I never used my front brake so much before.

Anyway, Brian and I probably rode the most out there...I couldn't get enough. It was really cool to ride with good friends...Richard...Dillon...Greg (really likes the open stuff)...Brian (couldn't get enough of the MX track)...Brett (first time EVER that I have seen him ride tentative)...Jake and Co. (doing the family thing).

By the way, nice videos Greg! The sound is a bit better and doesn't kill my ears listening to it. I loved the couple of "whoo hoos" over the jumps and the "here we go" as you were crashing...funny stuff!

When and where is our next ride????

David