PNW Husky event. Bend, OR. Oct. 15-16, 2010

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by PC., Aug 9, 2010.

1. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    **Edit - Event will take place the weekend on October 15-16, 2010 at East Fort Rock OHV area 20 miles east of Bend, OR @ camp 2510. Info, directions and maps may be found here: http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/recreation/cohvops/efrindex.shtml

Camping is free, but primitive. Fire pits and outhouses are on site but nothing else, so be prepared. There's usually plenty of fallen timber for firewood, so I only bring a chainsaw and axe.

OHV tags are required for each bike. <coffee edit - ohv tag will be needed, a license plate does not exempt> Oregon honors most states tags, but Oregon tags can be purchased at both major cycle shops in Bend, OR. Riders under 30 years of age are legally required to have an Oregon OHV operators card: http://www.rideatvoregon.org/ I've yet to see law enforcement actually enforce this, but my statements may not be used in a court of law!!

I'll be staying Thursday night through Sunday, but feel free to arrive as early as you like and stay as long as you like.

coffee edit: oregonsage put this together, from post #7:
    SUMMARY OF INFORMATION
    https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...hjZWUtNTNmYjJlOTliY2Yw&hl=en&authkey=CL6YzaIL
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    **Orginal post**

We've got no shortage of Husky's here. So how about organizing an event so we can all get together, shoot the breeze and ride together?

Gifford would be a great locale. It's kinda centralized between the PNW states and offers the best woods riding. Or we can wait til fall and roll the Husky train through China Hat.

Any interest?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm in. Was going to post similar. Lets do it. :cheers: Gifford or Bend would be good. Bend would be EZer for those that are not into semi scary cliffy technical stuff.
  3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Good point.
    Anyone and everyone can ride Bend. And it is awesome!

How about the weekend of Oct. 14, 15th?
    We should have some precipitation by then and the course wont be hammered from the Fall Classic which takes place the following weekend.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Doing gatherings before you have to spearhead it, set a date that works for you and the people that can come come. If you try to make dates for everyone it will never work. Might as well just say thats the date and start working on getting it to happen. :thumbsup:

So you want to say 14-15? Lets do it.

Who is in?
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    can you give us a tentative site map location,,,,,FOI(for our info) to locale.or GPS spot for range check
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bend Oregon for the Bend riding

Randle WA for Gifford.

Bend is 4-5 hours south of Gifford, closer for you by a good margin.
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  8. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sounds awsome! let me check with my financial planner/parole office/wife :D
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Oct. 14-15th it is then!

Here's some good info on China Hat: http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/recreation/cohvops/efrindex.shtml

Location is approx. 20 miles east of Bend, OR.
    Terrain is high elevation desert trails (not open terrain) with a few play areas thrown in the mix. We usually do 200-250 miles on a weekend with the longest rides being about 60-70 miles.

There's a few destination rides (lookout tower and ice caves/bring lights and shoes for exploring) for non-plated bikes and plenty of other destination for those with dual sports.

I've ridden quite a few places around the country and this one is one of my faves. Lots of high speed, high mileage riding on impeccably maintained and marked trails. The locals take a lot of pride in this place and it shows.

Not every trail is high speed though. Bring your knee and elbow guards for this trail: http://contour.com/video/efr-02

All are welcome and the more, the merrier!
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Coffee, is there an EZ way to make a sticky list at the top we can all add our names to to see who is coming? or something like that?
  11. dcal Husqvarna
    A Class

Do you need a special permit to ride in oregon if you are from Wa? I mght be interested.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Count on at least a couple of Montana guys. I am in and will bring more if possible. :thumbsup:

Walt
  13. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I missed my May trip there. I might just be able to pull this off. Am 50/50 but would like to go too.
  14. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Out of state OHV tags are honored. Or you can buy OR tags. $10/2 yrs.

Awesome. I owe you a beer :cheers:
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    October 14-15 is Th-Fr on my calendar .... dont we mean Oct 16-17?
  16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Post it up on TT!
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    :D Maybe he means this coming weekend... hurry.
  18. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wrong month, wrong dates ... pick your poison :) Somebody will be out there riding either time.
  19. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Details, details....

The weekend of Oct. 15th and 16th, 2010. I'll try to get down there Thursday after work though so I'm ready to rock Friday morning.
  20. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    I may do the same, bring the motorhome over and help get a spot setup a day or two early. But it is hard to predict that far in advance ...