1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Poll: I would prefer this forum to look...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MattR, Feb 26, 2012.

?

I would prefer this forum to look...

Poll closed Mar 11, 2012.
The old way without prefixes or sub-forums (leave everything in one bucket) 10 vote(s) 23.3%
The new way with prefixes to help sort threads by selecting the prefix tags. 20 vote(s) 46.5%
In a different way with sub-forums to separate bikes by engine sizes 14 vote(s) 32.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    There has been both positive and negative feedback over the new look of the forum with the sorting prefixes added. I wanted to offer a poll over which structure the majority of our members would prefer. Please understand that I will have no hurt feelings over any of the selected choices and a change in direction.

I will let this poll run for 2 weeks to collect the highest percentage of responses.

Thanks!

See discussions here
  2. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Please vote. Your input is important. There has been many views to this poll, but limited votes so far.
  3. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    I don't mind the new look, love the forum. One thing that really bugs me is the way that when you post a reply the whole thread dissapears off the radar, I can only presume this is so that a moderator can check the message content before allowing its publication?
    I think threads would get far more interest if they were available all the time, and more posts, if there is any naughtyness reported, remove it?
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am trying to stay out of this, but would like to say that there is no option for 'leave it like it was before, but organized with an index thread'. (poor wording because we already have an index thread, but hope you get the idea)

And that there are already significant problems just getting the 2st threads in the 2st forum. Some are in General (Main), common topics, etc. I am reasonably sure that adding sub forums will only make the problem worse.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I just checked your account settings. Your account is 100%.

My guess would be you mean that once you post in a thread, then that thread disappears from 'Whats New' - if that is what you are referring to then that is designed behavior - because that thread is no longer 'New' to you i.e. you have already read it. That also applies to threads you have read and not posted in, they no longer show up in the Whats New.

If you want to get into more detail please send me a message with a description of your situation and I can walk you through it.
  6. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    Thank for.explaining that Coffee, exactly as you say the thread is not new to me anymore, never thought of it like that.
  7. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Right now there are far too many stickies in my opinion. I'd be all for the one index thread, and everything else to move as updates allow. You've got a heck of a job to do. Good luck!
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Dean, actually that would be the intent of the first poll option. Perhaps my wording was bad, but an index thread(s) would definitely be used regardless. I was trying to convey that basic appearance of the 2T forum would be like before without prefixes or further fragmenting it with sub-forums.
    Coffee likes this.
  9. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Hard to believe that 2 weeks has gone by already. Poll is ending tomorrow March 11.

Time to get your last votes in. Thanks!
  10. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    An the winner is...
    With 20 votes (46.5%), the new way with prefixes to help sort threads by selecting the prefix tags.
    Thanks everyone for voting!

Now, I will need everyone's cooperation when posting new threads to select the most appropriate prefix.
  11. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Congrats, new way was curve ball @ first but like it!
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The new way is very confusing and unneeded. I find myself overlooking posts now. The tags are distracting at best. I think the title usually tells us what is in the thread anyway.
  13. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    Yes, the prefixes have a different visual look and takes some getting use to. I will talk with Dean to see if they could be made smaller or less distracting.

There are several benefits to having prefixes that people may not realize at first.
    1) When you want to filter the entire 2-Stroke forum to a specific bike size, you simply click on the prefix and everything is quickly condensed/filtered. When finished, you click the prefix to cancel and return to all threads being visible.
    2) In the "What's New?" section, the 2-stroke forum threads become more visible. The prefixes are only visible but not "functional/clickable" in that section.
    3) Going forward, prefixes should help supplement the naming of a thread title. There are many previous thread titles that do not specify what bike they were intended for. Users have to enter the thread and read the entire first post to see if they have any interest reading further. This can be bothersome as well.

A reason for this poll was an attempt to get an majority vote. With nearly 50% in favor of prefixes, I would like to ask that this new method be given a fair chance to evolve. If after several months, there are many complaints then we can explore other options.
    dartyppyt and Blakelpd5 like this.