Power commander V and auto tune, (Major Flat spot)

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by 1650bullet, Feb 13, 2011.

1. 1650bullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a te310 with a powercommander v and autotune fitted and the bike has a massive flat spot, Can someone please help me out at all Is the pcv or auto tune burnt out or something, any help would be very helpful.

Attached Files:

2. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

1- Check to see that there is an LED light on on both components when the bike is running
    2- Make sure the factory shunting plug, not the rubber dust cover, is in the open port of the PC-V
    3- Make sure the Autotune module is enabled in the software.
    4- Run the bike connected to a laptop and verify that you are gettimg a real time AFR
    5- If needed pull the sensor out of the pipe and run the diagnostics to ensure it is runn in properly (see manual).

That should be a start, also post the trim levels you are getting when you have a chance.

Good Luck, Dan
    Mik-3 likes this.
  3. 1650bullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the advice danbartol. I had to disconnect the whole power commander and autotune and reflash the stock ecu for now. I will refit it and get more series with it next month (Many Thanks)
  4. Tee-Dub Husqvarna
    C Class

Where is your flat spot? I notice mine has one and is surging a bit at 5200-5700 rpm at about 5% cruise. It seems the autotune keeps trying to take more fuel out in this area.

How hot do I need to let the motor get before I start accepting the new trims? I've read that the factory ecu runs the bike pretty rich in colder temps and I wonder if this is why the auto tune keeps trying to lean it out further in this rpm range.
  5. 1650bullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mine was about the same. Ive since learnt that you can do updates of the powercommander site but you must have the powercommander connected while you do it (Not download and save and then do it later) Try that and possibly download the map for your bike as they update the old maps somtimes.
  6. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

you will not get you bike running right if you down load maps it just dose not work because these maps are not for you bike and every bike is different

ps...have been down this road and save youself the worry and get it done right ie dyno and with out auto tune

good luck
  7. yamafreek Husqvarna
    A Class

im wondering what to get for my 11 te310. thinking of the ibeat...
  8. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

ibeat is a diagnostic tool and can only adjust the TPS and EFI co1 co2 co3

power comander is a EFI tool that gets the best fueling and power curve for you bike ....... were the husky ecu/efi/ibeat will not get you
  9. yamafreek Husqvarna
    A Class

So the Ibeat will not adjust the fuel ratios at low mid high throttle? I was under the impression it would.
  10. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

y
    yes that is what co1 co2 co3 is low mid high only