Power commander V , Bike wont Start

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by simonc, Dec 11, 2014.

1. simonc Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    zzr1400
    Hi Guys, after having my bike on lease for two years i like it so much i have decided not to get a new bike this year and spend some money on the 449 instead.
    Installed a power commander last night and she will not start, unplug and she starts again.
    I have fitted a few before and never had this problem, its lighting up so getting power etc, are the knock sensor wires critical as my best guess at the moment is probably a bad connection in the really bad piggy bag connectors,
    i am going to flash with one of the maps on here tonight when i get in to see if that makes a difference
    Thanks in advance
  2. dave35 Husqvarna
    A Class

have u the correct wire to the CDI?
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I accidentally used the wrong TPS when I installed mine. IIRC there is a silver TPS which is the secondary. And a black TPS which is the one you want. What's the part # of the PCV you got?
  4. simonc Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    zzr1400
    Todays update
    Last night flashed unit with huskyloves map, removed piggy back connectors and solder the joints.
    Boom bike starts and runs fine revs fine, jump on ride round block, this map is bonkers mental, absolutely love it.
    Get home start and stop it a few times, all ok
    Then plug back it to laptop to check settings etc, bike cuts out, wont restart.
    Mucked around for half an hour and would get it to start sometimes for it to just cut out dead while on tick over and this is instant.
    Throttle position has been set for 0- 100% TPS sitting at 7 have also tried 6 with no luck crank sensor wire on blue and green as per instructions and using the lower black tps sensor
    tried to start this morning and just spinning over fast but not starting, can smell fuel, can i run with the coil leads back to original and keep the fuel map still??
    fuel commander is the 23 005 i think of the top of my head
    if i can get this running on this map this bike is going to be fantastic
  5. Xandrespop Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Husqvarna CR125/144
    I am new here so first let me say hello from Tucson! I am considering a power commander Mk5 for my 2011 TXc511.....But it sounds like I may need a degree in Computer programing. I am watching this thread to see how it goes for you
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    There are many, many people using the PCV with no issues. Including myself (although, I'm a software engineer ;) ). But -- it's starting to sound like the OP has a bad PCV. I'd be calling DynoJet for a replacement.
  7. Xandrespop Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Husqvarna CR125/144
    that's good to hear that it may just have been a bad one
  8. simonc Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    zzr1400
    Well its starting to look like a faulty unit, got it running tonight after a lot of mucking about, but getting no live data while the bikes running ie no rpm or tps voltage which i was yesterday.
    If i wiggle the plugs around the coil the bike stops, wiggle again and the bike restarts, wiggle repeat, wiggle repeat.
    Anybody else had issues with the plugs, it all looks ok but definitely something wrong there.
    If i convert back to stock its on the button everytime and with loads of wiggling the bike always runs
  9. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic/Ducati SFV2
    Sounds more like the connectors or the connection, wire to connector.
  10. simonc Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    zzr1400
    well had a call from dynojet today, faulty unit confirmed, new unit being shipped straight after christmas.
    Cant wait to get this sorted after the brief bonkers ride i had with it working
    justintendo likes this.
  11. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
  12. simonc Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    zzr1400
    well got the unit back on Tuesday but only got time to install today, bike started and ran first time.
    I did still get it to stall a few time on wiggling the coil leads so have sorted the earth out today just in case it is that.
    Road tested for a few miles today, no faults present on the road test,I am running huskyloves map and can confirm that my 449 on stock gearing will power wheelie in third just by backing off and getting back on the gas.
    Mods so far TC air box lid, FMF powercore 4 slipon, Butterfly removed, PCV and TPS set to 7v
    Next on the list is an auto tune kit I think.
    Something to note is the loom was completely different on the replacement and lends itself to be mounted under seat instead of in the side panel.
    DErZ and Big Timmy like this.