Power-Up w/ Stock O2 Sensor in Place?????????

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by danbartol, Jun 21, 2011.

1. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

How would a TE-510 run if the airbox was opened up and the cat removed, but the OEM O2 sensor was laft in place? Kind of a partial Power-Up, minus the O2 shunt that switches the mapping to closed loop.
  2. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I tried this for months with my 09 TE450. Bought and messed with ibeat many, many times. Ran "pretty good." I thought it made sense to use the technology/info/feedback that an O2 sensor could provide. One day, just for fun, I took the O2 sensor out and gave it a test run. wow. More... everything. Better starting, better idle, better throttle response, better power. OK - there was a small drop in gas MPG, but so worth it. I still think keeping the O2 sensor would provide a better overall system but, for us, right now, we don't have the necessary programming or ability to tweak it. Now, if we could plug the bike into a laptop and set the fuel and spark curves (or - gasp - if the engineers did that before delivery!!) it would ultimately be best to keep the sensor. Ya - you can buy an aftermarket tuner for an investment and get some of this programming, but it should just be there. Try it, see what you think, but don't be afraid to take it out and compare.
  3. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

The stock O2 sensor is a "narrow band" type that is designed to provide feedback only near 14.7 AFR which is very lean. Best power is usually made around 13.2 AFR. The stock O2 sensor along wit the catalytic was designed to keep the exhaust emission within EPA specs and not best power performance.

Installing the O2 sensor bypass plug cause the ECU to run in "open-loop" mode which uses value in the ECU fuel map. You may need to use iBeat the adjust the 3 points of the map to get best performance.
  4. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I would say ditch the O2 sensor, get iBeat and run it in p/u mode. Your ecu gives you the CO's to adjust in p/u mode. My '08 ecu doesn't have the CO's but it runs great for me in p/u. I put the Motorsportz 310 kit on H.Kittys '08 and it has the 310 ecu with CO's. MUCH better! It is p/u of course with Arrow pipe. I was able to find the sweet spot for her bike with iBeat and the CO's. I have been happy with just iBeat. [IMG]
  5. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

I forgot it was narrow band.
  6. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

what do COs stand for?
  7. QuadExpert Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1976 4 speed auto,2011 wr 150
    Carbon monoxide

Mark
  8. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Just a guess; Carbon/Oxygen (Fuel/air) ratio.