1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc power valves

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by mark animal100, Jun 9, 2013.

1. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    hi my power vales have 2 pipes coming of it 1 of wich drips oil should it do that plz help
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    Yes it will drip oil, I can see no problem if you were to plug the hose and simply drain it once in a while as the later jug did away with them completely.
  3. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    yes, plug or cap the one that drips. i drain mine every other ride.
  4. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    thanks realy helpful...any idears what the other pipe is thas got a plug bung in it by husky as i bought it new
  5. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    thanks realy helpfull..any idears what the other pipe is its got a bung in it already from husky am the first owner
  6. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    The bottom tube is the one that had a bung on mine and contained excess oil,I never had oil come from the open one.they both come from the power valve and I would think you probably have a good build up of oil in the valve.
    You can take the valve cover off and clean it out with brake cleaner when you do the hoses to get everything like new.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Bottom hose is for spooge collection. Upper hose is for a power valve chamber breather. The older valves had a much larger cross section/circumference and allowed more gasses/oil to get past.
  8. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any harm in open venting them both Wally? My 99 has two, one plugged as well.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

There is only a small hole feeding the lower tube. It really is just for collecting the excess spooge. The upper tube is plenty large enough to vent any gasses unless you have damaged parts letting more pass.