1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st PowerNow. Is it as good as they say

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just curious if this is something that really works or if it´s just another "fantastic" product. Is there really such a big difference as the dynochart says? Any opinions?

Johnny
  2. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have them on my 125's, I wouldn't say that they provide any real
    horse power improvement. But its more of a drivability improvement it helps the performance at partial throttle openings, like in tight slippery conditions it seems to make the throttle more precise you can ride very low rpm's and still maintain forward momentum. I've never had my bikes on a dyno so possibly the
    power now makes more power, But the butt dyno doesn't notice.
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, sounds intresting! The dynoshart i looked at was showing the improvement mostly at low revs. Do you think it´s worth the money?

Johnny
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That's really what they are designed to do, make better airflow at small throttle openings. I would like to install both the fore and aft valves in the carb on my 450 and see if it makes my machine more tractable in technical sections.
  5. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

On a 125 for tight woods its a real benefit, I have them on all 3 of my 125's. I assume it would work the same on a bigger bore bike.
  6. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have them fore and aft on my ktm 450 and it along with the j.d. Jetting kit with the o-ring upgrade on the accel. Pump made my bike bog free and tractor like.buy the rear air bell side first and if you want more low end crispness do the power now plus.
    Yes, the power now is a great value
  7. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok! Thanks everyone! Where do i buy it? Price anyone?
  8. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can save $10-20 by going on ebay.

Only problem is that many of these people have no idea what carbs they fit and only know bike specific part numbers.

What carb is on your bike?

If you know that and know that same carb is on a 2007 honda crf 250 then you have a match.
    I have seen them as low as $86 with free shipping.
    Happy hunting.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I swear by the tractor like feel that the PN and PN plus gives. I have used them in my 06 and now my 08 TXC450, bottom end up the uglies is great with the PN system, better carb velocity at smaller slide openings. Its like having a smaller bore carb for more low to mid then after 50% throttle opening its standard size. I dont think there is an HP change but I can swear (seat of pants) that there is more torque down low.
    One friend and shop owner put his in and out of his WR450 brcause he could not believe it worked so well for technical riding.
    For a solid WFO MX rider I would not use it. But for trail/enduro/XC riding and tough rocky climbs it pays dividends and for me is real winner product. Its worth the cost at @200 bucks from the Scary fast folks, I think now they list the Husky models when I bought it I used the KTM X-Ref for the Keihin FCR carb regardless if the year does not match hey we all have 41mm FCR Keihins on the 450-510 family. As stated above go cheaper if you can find it. RN
  10. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok, seems like a good product then! I´ve got the Mikuni 38 TMX on my Husky WR 300 2010 model. I couldn´t find it on their list, but it´s no uncommon carb so iguess i can give them a call and see if they have it.
  11. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

FYI, when I called Scaryfast they didn't know which PowerNow would fit the TMX on my 08 WR250, but I was directed on Tumpertalk to ask for the one that would fit a YZ125 and it fit the TMX great. Brad.
  12. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bradass, you´re an angel! Thanks! I´ll order one this week. How´s your bike performing with it? Do you notice a big difference? No jetting changes or anything else?

Johnny
  13. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I installed the Powernow before I rode the bike when it was brand new, so I can't really say how it affects the bike compared to stock. All I know is the bike runs awesome everywhere from 5000' to 12000', plenty of power and like a tractor. Brad.
  14. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

dang it you guys! .......I never have been able to get all the pop/die out of my TE510 in tough tech riding, now you made me want to try a power now on it to see if that does it.
  15. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have you tried a JD Kit ? that cleaned mine up pretty quik... well that and a rekluse :busted:
  16. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Nope, didn't go that route. Looking back on it now, maybe should have, but instead I spent a bunch of time playing with different jets/needle settings/leak jets/AP timing, until I got it as close as I know how to get it....and have Kouba extended fuel screw for fine tuning.
    Still has some pop/die once in a while in the slow, steep, on/off technical stuff.
    A lot cleaner than it was at first, but the bike is just happier out playing in 50-60mph sand washes and big hills, than pretending it's a 'trials' bike on some of those <10mph mtn trails of ours.

Reading I've been doing on that PowerNow, sounds like it might smooth out and increase low throttle air flow, just enough to help in those areas.

Ever now and then I toy with the idea of putting a Rekluse in my boys KDX200 and taking it to the Trinities instead of the 510.........he going to college soon and doesn't ride it, so thinking somebody should? :smirk: