Powers 1st In Class And 2nd Oa @ Ama Nat'l In Ny

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pahusky, Aug 22, 2011.

1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Sunday the 21st at a place called Thunder Ridge, just south of Unadilla NY. Pretty dry with some rain forecasted that never showed up...I promised you a mid-season; before the race, bike pic...

[IMG]
    109 total racers in the morning race with 22 bikes on the 200 C line, 2nd starting row.

The front line had 5 super senior B/C riders. They started the rows 1 minute apart.

Andy pulled the holeshot and never saw any of the 21 racers from his row again until he lapped some.

At the end of the first lap he was the first bike thru OA, hauling butt and on fire...

[IMG]

Heading out on lap 2...

No one would see another bike for over 2 minutes. He definitly turned some heads on the 125 Husky.

He continued his pace and put in some consistant laps. When it was over he had 2nd in his class/3rd overall down by 7 minutes. The overall came from two rows back, a good rider on a KTM 350 4S. Andy held him off till the last lap and made him work for it...

A good day's work, 1st in Class and 2nd Overall...link to lap times.(page 3)
    http://www.wnyoa.net/Results_Page/documents/ThunderRidgeBikeAMbyClass.pdf

The club had a good 11 mile loop with very little in the dust. Good setup...

Lots of people asking me about him and the bike during the race and lots of people congratulating him afterwards...one guy that Andy lapped came up to him after the race shook his hand and said 'Man, when you passed me...that was crazy fast''

That's what I like to hear!

[IMG]

We have had our share of lumps this year...but it's great when it all comes together!

:cheers:

Special thanks to...
    Toy Tech Cycles, KB5 Industries, Cycra Handguards, Gaerne Boots, One Industries, RK Chain, Wiseco Pistons, EVS Sports, Montana Motoz
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    :thumbsup: looking good Andy! Ubeflyin!

Can we say you just POWERS around the track!
  3. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    The team manager had a couple more cool pics on her camera...you can tell we had our photographer along.
    She catches the start; then walks the track...and by the way; helps set things up, tear them down, cooks and gives lots of advice to racer boy...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers...
  4. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    awesome report and pics! hats off to Andy and crew :cheers: go, GO HUSKY!
  5. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good stuff there :thumbsup: :applause:
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

7. WhiteAndRed Husqvarna
    A Class

He's flyin! Awesome pics and movies. Kinda makes me yearn for a small bore 2S. Ahh, those were the days, 1985 I believe.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Congrats Andy! Keep it twisted, are smoking.