1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Powervalve adjustment

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Chris Sykes, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Hi,

Im rebuilding the top end on my 2006 wr125 and i noticed that the bolt under the powervalve cover allows for a bit of play. This is the bolt that goes into the crankcase side not the head.

This play means you can sit the linkage arm slightly higher or lower, does this adjust how the power comes in and how harsh it comes in?

If so which way is which?

Sorry if this makes no sense i have trouble explaining things without pictures lol.

Cheers!
  2. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Same thing here, i had to replace a side cover gasket and the geared shaft that drives the linkage arm has some of the teeth milled off where it engages the intertia gizmo.. This needs to be timed but i havnt dug into my manual yet to figure it out.
  3. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Fit these parts with the centrifugal governor (B) into their seats on the righthand
    side cover. Fit the layshaft (C) with its control lever (D) and connection
    lever (E) into the right-hand side cover.
    Install the gasket (G) on the crankcase half, and check the correct position of
    the centring bushings; reassemble the right-hand side cover making sure that
    the ends of the water pump and centrifugal governor control shafts can be easily
    installed in their seats on the right-hand side crankcase half.
    Insert the eight retaining screws, bearing in mind that the ones at the rear
    centring bushing (white arrow) are longer than the others. Refit the centrifugal
    governor cover (F). Refit the clamp (H) then lubricate and refit the kick start
    pedal (I).
    Turn the layshaft (C) so that its toothless end faces the seat of the centrifugal
    governor. Once fitted into the cover, turn the layshaft until it meshes with the
    centrifugal governor gear.
  4. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
  5. Chris Sykes Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Cheers MattR massive help!

montogob1 - i dont suppose you have a copy of the workshop manual in PDF form do you?
    Or know anywhere i can find it on the web?
    My owners service manual doesnt go into any detail like yours.