Prairie Orphan Checking In 09/23/22

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I sure miss all my home state riding venues and I always will. Wyoming is a sparse, rugged and austere place, but there are tons of trails and jeep roads here. A person can ride in most directions further than their fuel tank will allow, and never see a town, a building and sometimes another human being. Lots of high desert, with little cover, crazy weather and high winds. Almost no details of my life have remained the same since I moved here...except riding.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Kim, shrubitup, WoodsChick and 3 others like this.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    GPS work good enough to return to your vehicle or do you have any physical maps?
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I ride with locals. They know most of the trails, and if they don't, they have gps/map apps that they load onto their phones that work really well where we have reception, and that is more often than one might think.
    Kim likes this.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    So, last Saturday my friend Kim took me to see a mountain forest that was less than an hour's drive south of Rock Springs. It was like a little Alpine oasis sticking up in an otherwise barren high desert landscape. Desert was around 7000 ft. altitude, the top of Pine mountain was closer to 10,000 ft. We could see the marker monument at Three Corners where Wyoming, Utah and Colorado all meet just off the west side of the mountain. We did not ride down there, but spent the bulk of our ride exploring some rugged two tracks that ran down the heavily forested alluvial drainage cuts of the mountain. There, we found some fairly ungroomed technical routes, steep and full of rocks, ruts and small downed trees. We also found a couple of abandoned cabins and a few small ponds. There are aspen trees along the exposed edges of the woods, mainly on the west side, and the rest of the forest is made up of often dense stands of fir trees.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Kim, mysery1, shrubitup and 3 others like this.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    It's really pretty out there, Mimi!
    Kim and Dirtdame like this.