1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Predictions for 2012 150's

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Husqvarna125, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    So what do you think will be the changes for the 2012 150's?

Factory team is running...
    Black Frames?
    Alpina Rims?
    Other potentials?
    Digital ignition for WR?
    KYB forks for WR?
    KYB shock (i.e. 449?)
    Just Bold New Graphics?
    Plastics that resemble 449?

Please weigh in [IMG]
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Actually, I really like my Sachs shock and my Marzocchi OC fork. Digital ignition ? Sounds good. 449 plastic ???? YECH ! I like the simple white Husky logo on red plastic. I don't want Black rims. They scratch too easy. Silver or even Gold. [IMG] Black frame is OK.
    TXC&KTM likes this.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    How about producing only CR's... but include a switchable ignition and put a lighting stator with light kit in the box. That'll help with the issue of everyone trying to convert their WR motors into CR motors. Then, someone needs to pay a hit man to slap the $hit out of the factory idiot who's in bed with Mikuni and convince him to go with Keihin. That's a start.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I still want a WR not a CR.... I like my flywheel weight.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I too like my flywheel weight. Digital Enduro ignition ! Yes, I agree with the Mikuni vs Keihin . I don't understand why the Mikuni are so flakey.
    My Keihin is much better and I have never before been a Keihin 2 stroke carb fan.
  6. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I'm sticking with my flywheel weight for now also, but two position digital ignition sounds good to me.
    GP
  7. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don't care for 2 position ignition on a small bore. No need.
  8. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

dirt "depth charges" that detonate when a Japanese 4 stroke mx bike runs over them [IMG]
  9. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Actually, an updated blue/yellow graphics scheme as an option
  10. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

The blue/yellow would be great! I always thought that was better then the red/white. On the WR I would like a digital ignition that would handle 75+ watts of lighting, better air box sealing, larger clear gas tank, hole in the skid plate for getting to the tranny oil plug and a torque pipe.
  11. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Pushing the bar higher why not fuel injection on the bike.

Robert-Jan
  12. Husqvarna125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE250, 2015 TE200, 1984 WR 400
    These are great! I was just curious as to what everyone's thoughts were as I'm sure the company has already finalized the updates (while we have to wait until September or October to see what's coming). And seeing as how we usually just get minor chasis tweaks, was curious what you thought would be coming in 6 months-ish. I really like some of the long term ideas.

The reason I put up 449 plastics was due to the 65 that was going to be out in Austrailia in the winter of 2011

http://www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com.au/product.asp?pid=40&t=CR 65&cid=20

It has the 449 plastics, and realizing it's now BMW's show - they will no doubt be looking for efficiencies/crossover/money saving measures from suppliers (also the reason I put KYB as the suspension), I thought I would throw it out there [IMG]. My guess is it's coming, if not sooner, than later... I guess we'll wait and see. [IMG]
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am going to assume the WR 150 will have the digital ignition from the WR 250/300 and while they are at it put a real WR 6 speed in it. FI would be to far out on a new wave for Husky with all the other stuff they are doing.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wally,
    Having ridden pre-2002 WR125's with WR 6 speeds.... The CR tranny keeps you on the boil better in the woods at least. I always seem to have plenty of top speed in the open. Friend I ride with who has a KTM 250XC, can't keep up with my WR144 with 13/52 gearing, on enduro road sections. I'm not winding it out either![IMG]
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norman,

I hear you and with a 125 it probably isn't a good idea, but the 167 and to a lesser degree the 144 can both take advantage of slightly larger gaps. Of course I never really felt that way with the WR ignition. With the CR ignition and no soft spots I would be running 15 X 50 gearing with the 167 if first was just a touch lower. When the snow leaves I will be at 14 x 49 with the CR167.
  16. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

I say bring the 144 to 175 cc capacity,headlight,kickstand,clear tank,xc suspension,all in a 200lb tidy package!
    speedkills and TXC&KTM like this.
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

If they wanted to make a 60mm bore X 62mm stroke 175 tucked into the new frame with the WR gear box, and all scrambler's stuff with a digital ignition they might sell about 2000 of them in the US.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wally,
    A customer from Bottones, just had EG do a bore and stroke 150+ (I'm not sure of exact cc's) to keep near square configuration. I'll post when I hear a report. Start looking for '99-'01 WR125's on Evil Bay for tranny swap projects.[IMG]
    Norman
  19. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norman,

I have been watching fleabay for a year now waiting for the WR tranny. I will just keep watching. I am also interested in stroking info. I don't know how you are going to get more than 4mm more total stroke with that crank/case configuration. That would give you a 154 with a 58mm X 58.5mm motor. Is it going to run better than a 154 that the oem 144 cylinder can be bored to before you need to do any welding modification of the cylinder? I really want to know the cost. That is the determining factor. Keep us informed Norman.

Walt
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Walt,
    Bottone's previous mechanic Harvey (A real small bore fanatic!), had EG do a big bore CR125 with a YZ 167 piston. It was 155cc's, I think. He was not happy with the characteristics of the engine. Harvey likes to really rev it out and clutch it MX style. He liked his stock CR125 or EG CR144 better compared to it. Another friend spoke to EG and he said he thought the bored and stroked engine would maintain the "Square" bore and stroke, that gives engine its characteristics. If this friend does it, there will be two bore and stroke 154's around... The first one, an '09 WR and the other an '02 or '04 CR. I'll keep you posted.
    Norman