1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Pro circuit pipe jetting advice req.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Sandgroper, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

the PC Platinum pipe has finally landed :) will be fitting her up this weekend.
    a quick question, do i need to rejet the 38mm kehein carb or just adjust he air mixture screw?

any advice aprctd. ;)
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    They seem to want a little leaner especially on the needle (mid). Obviously there are way to many variables for anyone to recommend anything solid. That said I am not wild over this pipe, seems to mellow it out. Hope you like it.
  3. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    What temps/elevations are you at? I have that setup and have my jetting pretty sorted out. I absolutely love the PC pipe. I found this pipe to give the bike a boost to low end, maybe not quite as much as FMF, BUT it didn't kill the top end at all. The FMF chopped the top end off. Just my experiences. Each bike, rider preference, and terrain they ride on and how they ride their bike, etc is different. I think you will be super stoked with the PC pipe on this motor!! It gives a great increase in performance throughout, without a loss anywhere. Congrats.
  4. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wanted to make it more angry with a bit more bottom end not mellow :) Oh well lets see how she goes.

Thanks Marc :) Re temps; its winter here now so between 15-30c and 60-80% humidity.
    0-100mtrs above sea level.
    Currently running the hi Comp race head with a new top end just put in.
    I had plans to play around with porting etc but no one here has a clue how to do it.

She doesnt miss a beat with the PWK carb setup straight from JD Jetting and the factory Husky race pipe.
    Im hoping the PC will be better again.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    What CC bike 250 or 300? The FMF Gnarly improved the top on my 250 quite a bit but I had to jet the main 3 steps richer. I have a brand new DEP that I haven't even tried yet because the Gnarly works so good. (maybe some day if I smash the Gnarly) I have heard opposite reports on what the PC pipe will do for the top end so I just assumed that someone wasn't doing their jetting correctly.
  6. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lanky shes a wr300 ive been reading mixed reviews of the PC vs other pipes so im inclined to think the jetting is
    a key factor in fine tuning some extra ponnies out of her. i think JD installed a 48 main.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    With the stock pipe my 250 felt like you pulled a parachute when it hit the top end unless it was leaned out a bunch. (390) With the Gnarly I'm using a 430 main. I've heard from some that the PC pipe gave more top end but others say less top than the stocker which really doesn't make sense unless someone doesn't have the jetting figured out.
  8. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Making me do some mathematics! Ha! so that is roughly 300ft, 60-80 deg F, What are you running now? My bike also has the head/pipe and carb setup as you, and likes the leaner settings. I would think that you will be 42/45 pilot, JD blue needle on clip position #3, poss #2, and i am assuming you are WFO a lot on the dunes, so I would tend to go rich on the main. 165 as a guess on that, not knowing what you are running now. I would install the pipe and ride it first as is. You may not need to change it much at all. In the summer I am at 20-30'Celcius, and 1500 to 3300 meters in elevation. I run a 38pilot, JDred on clip #2 and a 152 main. I know its pretty different conditions, but I hope that helps get you started.