1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Pro Circuit Pipe need Spark Arrestor

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnny105, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR250 (Sold), 14 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 KTM 50sx (daughters), 14 RMZ450
    Does anyone know if the WR 250 Pro Circuit SA is made for the PC pipe or for the stock Husqvarna pipe? I am having the wild idea of running the national enduro this weekend at Crosstimbers in Oklahoma City and it requires a sparky. Thanks!
  2. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    pc silencers only work with pc pipes
  3. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
  4. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    The stock silencer is a spark arrestor.
  6. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I don't see a USFS stamp on it so I wasn't sure if I would make it thru tech inspection with it or not.
  7. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    I made a copy of the page in the manual that says it is a s/a. I think they usually just stick a wire or something in there to check, don't they?
  8. Johnny105 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am not really sure how they check.
  9. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Stock silencers (from the WR/TE range) all have spark arrestors and approved to 93(?) db to meet the majority of worldwide road rules.

As far as aftermarket spark arrectors, the stampings are usually on the inside or underside of the silencer, lol mine was under the FMF sticker:excuseme:
  10. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Rangers usually use a stick to check. Because even if it's marked, some people remove the spark arrestor.
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    aren't spark arrestors a mesh type screen? neither of my wrs have em?! straight through(can see)
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I'd be surprised Shawbagga if the stock WR silencers are straight through as l thought they had the spiral thingy turbine type core that qualifies as an arrestor as l've never pulled one apart instead replaced it with an FMF TurbineCore ..could be wrong:excuseme:
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeah I know what your talkin bout because I chopped my q stealth down when it cracked & got rid of the SA/turbine thingamajig(q stealth shorty if you will). but the AUS wr stockers are definitely straight through. I chopped 100mm of my 125 silencer today to make it the same as the cr & same deal-aint no sparky in there! you can straight see through the 300 & 125 can see nothing in there either(even stuck a welding rod down there-nada). I think the US models have em in the end cap because its a different black end cap(300) where as ours are a sealed/welded end cap. funny because my old crf450x had 'spark arrestor screen type' stamped on the end cap but wasn't no screen in there I can tell ya! sorry for a partial hijack but whats with the AUS 13 wr125 silencers? the end cap comes off but the perforated core is a part of the main silencer body which is welded at the stinger end-how do you repack it? just jam the loose type packing in there I guess? the factory packing is tightly packed with a mesh wrap around the perforated core & taped to keep it in nice & snug. maybe they pack them first then weld the stinger end? be tricky id think to try & get the right shape(inner & outer diameters) & get it in there. maybe find a bit of pipe with the same diameter as the perf core & wrap it first then tape the outside tight to try retain shape & slide/squash in?:excuseme:
  14. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Every one of them I've done I have passed without a S/A. They stick a rod in the end of the silencer and give you a sticker.