1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Pro Circuit silencers

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Watky, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Since Xmas is looming and nothing for under the tree, a pipe & silencer will be ordered. Pro circuit works pipe combined with either the R304 or the 304 factory sound silencer. Bike is 2011 150xc used for trail riding. Does anyone know which pro circuit silencer equals the same canister length as the stock silencer which is 9.8" canister not including end cap? I've googled and can't find the length of either silencer. If someone knows the dimension that would be great. MXA & dirt rider both matched the works pipe with the R304 on their husky 150 but this was for MX. I've come across a post where someone has said the pro circuit pipe is suited to the 125 but isn't suited to the 144 and makes it run to hot. Any truth in this or BS ?
  2. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    I've got the works pipe and 296 silencer fitted. It made a world of difference to my 125. The silencer has an over all body length of 13.5 inches. Its way shorter than the euro muffler we get fitted in here in Oz and its not overly loud either.
  3. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC
    Wondering why you chose the PC pipe. I had the special parts PC pipe with 296 silencer. At first I really liked it for woods riding-----good improvement over stock. Then I hit a tree and absolutely destroyed the pipe. Since the PC silencer only works with the PC pipe, I decided to go full FMF. Bolted the FMF up and baaammmmm----much better low end than the PC AND I was able to fit an E-Line guard to it (the E-Line 125 guard is a generic 125/150 guard---all bike brands get the same guard--same part number and everything----BUT the PC pipe was no where close to working with the 125 E-Line guard.
  4. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    I had chosen the pro circuit based on the fact I thought it was meant to had no loss in low end when compared to the stock pipe but had a stronger midrange & top-end with more over rev. Plus the fact you can get it in the works bare finish.
    I don't really need anymore low end, but have found a little more over rev would be handy.
    I thought the FMF was essentially a pipe that boosted low - mid while keeping top-end and over rev similar to stock pipe.
    Surely the FMF pipe can't do wonders at both ends of the power scale.

Have never smashed a pipe yet on any of my bikes so touch wood it doesn't happen.
  5. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Thanks for the measurement, just came across a photo of your set up in another thread. Going by the length of that 296 silencer the 304 factory sound must be the same length as the stock 150 xc pipe.
    A good way to stop the bare pipes from rusting super fast, is before it's used or while the pipes clean warm the bike up, cover the pipe in ATF & continue to idle and rev the bike to burn the ATF off.
    It will smoke somewhat and alter the colour of the pipe a little as it burns off. Do this every few months & when combined with the quick spray of WD after a wash it should still look rust free.
  6. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    I have the 304 factory sound and it is just over 9" not including endcap.
  7. venturini Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TC 250 '13 CR 150 '11 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 KTM 250 XC

I wish I could test the two back to back but since the PC is demolished I can't. The FMF is a Fatty---FMFs info about it is that is enhances the power across the board but with no significant shift of power from one range to the other. Not sure what to think---I know that the PC had more bottom end than the OEM but since the PC silencer won't work on the OEM pipe I don't know how much gain came for the silencer itself. I have a Lectron on my '13 150 and even after tweaking the power jet, it seemed weak on top with the PC---the FMF is clear all the way to the top so the FMF will be my choice from now on with the particular bike.

One other bit of info that I've gathered is that a few years back the FMF Fatty was the more popular choice with KTM 250 2Ts because the Gnarly signed off too early at the top---the design of the Gnarly was changed in 11 or 12 to address that. My '12 KTM 250 with a Gnarly and Q Stealth pull from the bottom to the top very will with good overrev-----but that is a totally different bike. I just mention it because the FMFs have changed in the last few years so old info doesn't apply to all pipes across the board.

Oh, one more thing---I believe that Motosportz did a post a while back where he'd gathered info regarding different pipes---IIRC, the PC seemed to perform better with the 144 than the 125 so maybe look for that post since it's different that what you heard regarding which motor responds better to the PC.
  8. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Thank you for that measurement, the 304 factory sound would be the silencer I'm after then. The shorter R304 would perhaps be too loud and annoying for trail riding, & possibly a bit abrupt and snappy which would be a pain in slick conditions.
    Emailed pro circuit but never received a reply.
  9. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Yeah came across that thread after you mentioned it. I'm sure if pro circuit did a few of the husky 144's for MXA, dirt rider etc, they would have realised the pipe wasn't right if there was issues.
    Shall order it then have the pain of waiting 3 months before it can be unwrapped :doh: