1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Putting the Band back together

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ray_ray, Dec 1, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I just sent a check to purchase my 02 CR250 back :banana: ... Its a long way from seeing it here but the journey has begun ....

I'm ecstatic and thank you Ian for keeping my bike and letting me have it back ;) ... Thanks to Taskys also ... He is instrumental in the deal ...I knew when I sold it that it might be a mistake and it was to some degree ... She's coming home now and my riding buddies will get the pleasure of a 2t Husky now ...

Here is the beast at the 09 Ironman ;)

Attached Files:

2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Wow - good on you for the enthusiasm . What happened to the CR 250s I saw a newer 05 shape one same as 06 shape - was that the last of them ?
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    02 was the last year any CRs were imported to the usa ... Only WRs imported from there forward ... Not sure why....The WRs once had a wide ratio tranny but from all I have heard, only the ignition \ FW are different ...along with what ever suspension changes were made through the yrs and the plastic ... 98% the same bike ... :)

I'm glad to get a 2t back for riding trails and tracks ... 4t are great and have a place currently in todays riding world but ~nothing beats the feel of a 250 2t racer ... Plus, I'm riding so much that I'm rolling x2 the miles on my 08 TXC250 ... This 2nd bike will lighten its load ...

These guys race alot here also ... Again the TXC does well 4 me there but the suspension is a little soft on some jumps and I don't wanna just pound the bike out ... It's gotta last me ~8 yrs or more ... This bike again will lighten the track practice / racing load some ... As long as I stay ~local, this bike can be ridden to and from trails and close tracks as needed without tags ...

When it is crated and shipped, I'll toss in a couple Kenda k270 tires I need for the road stuff ... yep ... this bike opens up some possibilities ... I should also be able to pimp it out at the races and win a few pesos there also ... It'll be great to see another 2t show the 4t around the track and this one will be a Husky :banana: ... I was really getting afraid I was gonna have to get a yamma-hammer or something to ride ... not that they are not good bikes...they just are not a Husky ...
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The CR had the smaller FWW and probably quicker spark advance ... Not sure what else was different ... The usa did not get a CR after 02 ...not sure about OZ or EU ... Serial numbers on the frame \ engine would probably verify it ...

I never tweeked mine much on the jetting ... It sort of loaded at the bottom then about ~5G, it turned into a beast ... It had a powerband 4 sure .... One that everyone runs from :) ... Only way to ride it in the woods safely was short shifting or just 4stroked the 2stroke ... Most added a FWW to help here... I added a 2C racing pipe and it made the engine grow hair from top to bottom ... Smoothed the powerband somewhat and now, it was a racer with some bottom end for the woods that built into the beast over a ~broader range ...

That ad says they have a Husqvarna Racing expansion chamber ... sounds good ... And it says the coolant hose is getting hot as the pipe is too close ... this is from crashing on the left side and bending the pipe backwards towards the engine... My 2C pipe was very thin and light and bent easily ... His pipe is probably the same light weight design ... The 2C pipe was well worth the bending issue as it helped the entire RPM range ...

These guys over here fabricate 'big time' for low cost :) .... I was watching them built some 4T pipes from scratch and banging 2t pipes out with a hammer and anvil ... I'm gonna ask about building a pipe for these 250WR engines ...
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    What are you doing over there ? (We stopped at Manilla on the way to Oz when we emigrated in 82 ) . Mate they they have a lot of attractive ladies Ill say that!! Very good looking race . They liked blonde boys too. I liked the little vans /buses all done up
    Do they have any good trails?
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982? Biggest change since then is the People Power revolution ... They kicked out a dictator and installed a democracy, copied much like the usa ... Still a 3rd world country but the people are very good overall ... It's really sort of cool watching this young democracy at work ... .. probably much the same in many areas since then except for the GOV...

I realized we will work ourselves all the way up to death or to an age where our bodies are worn and cannot give any more ... Is this what life is about? We are only here a short time and working to pay taxes for the GOV to squander is not what I'm here for. I'm 52 and think I have another ~10 yrs or so of juice left for the bikes and girls ... didn't wanna waste these last productive yrs working for da man ;)

Yep, it is a non-stop parade of beautiful, exotic, young\young looking, shapely, girls\women, with good a good attitude and totally available ... able and willing and I'll leave it at that :0) .. I have a gf I stick with so all the other girls are just play-pretties to me ...

This entire place is an enduro trail... The trails here in Cebu consist of secondary roads( dirt, cement, rocks, asphalt ) in the mountains and walking paths that criss-cross the valleys and mountains ... It goes from easy to very difficult .. just what ever you want ... I've been getting in the died up creek beds that drain from the mountains back to the ocean and riding lately ... I've heard the riding is even better on some of the other islands because the terrain is more mountainous :) ... This is year 1 for me here and I see year 2 as expanding out into more areas ...

The races are too cool ... it is a small, tightly netted group of riders here and we battle often .. for fun and a few $ ... we run the races and put on a good show for the crowds ...

Yep, the public transportation here is cool and I gotta get one of these trucks to further help same my knobbies and help expand my horizons ... Stop over if you come back :)

Attached Files:

8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    sounds good to me - single mans paradise - looks like paradise too
    You must have a strong back
    Getting on a Cr 250 again at 52 gives me a bit of hope at 41 - I guess if you can ride it doesnt matter ( that goes for the ladies too)
  9. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Awesome ray,
    I need to come over and check it out
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Come on over ... I'll have the 02 bike here by Feb - Mar at the latest I hope and if not, I know some friends who have bikes . I plan to start a touring business via bikes sometimes next year but that is another story ...

Please remember ... It is a third world country ... I'm not sure you know what that means but poverty is common here to a high degree ... It is not the colorful brochure here in 95% of the places ... I say all this because I have been accused of painting the wrong picture before on these sites .... You will realize how rich the states are after a few days here, guaranteed ...

But U can walk out my front door, jump on my 08 TXC250, with \ without helmet or tags and ride it all day through the country side & hiways with ~zero issues from a GOV official (cebu city can be a pain) ... U will have to put up with people staring, cheering, waving, agging you on to do a wheelie or something on the bike ... ESP the 12 yr old and younger crowd ... the kids want a show ... :)

As far as that CR250 is concerned, I think throttle control is a must and the ladies have no throttle so U gotta be really careful there ;)

At age 41, overall performance loss is minimum so don't weaken ... :)
  11. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    being weak seems to be the cafe husky theme this week....

I know 3rd World, spent some time in India a few years ago. I might take you up on your offer.

check your pms
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    India makes me think of millions and millions of people ... Did you see the monkeys over there that run in packs and wreak havoc?
  13. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    more like bzillions of people, very little of what we think of as open country. I did see the monkeys on Elephanta Island.

What was really strange was seeing the brand new Royal Enfields I guess an Indian company bought all the tooling and moved it to India, if I remember correctly you could buy a new 500 for about $900 US