1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc PV spring install

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Watky, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Hi all, long time reader first time posting. Mainly use an Aus dirtbike forum, but this one has a wealth of info. currently own a 11 150xc

Seeking some advice regards the changing of PV springs from the spring kit.
    I've done it twice and stuffed up both times.
    First time the spring governor was very hard to get out and popped out with a loud clunk, but went back in okay. Second time the governor came out easier but still with a loud clunk snap, but was very hard to get back in.

According to my mechanic I had burned the PV gear and was also a tooth out.

Is there any way of knowing if your a tooth out or correctly aligned? Can you simply look at the PV through the exhaust port?

Have currently got the White / silver spring but still have a dead spot that is more pronounced then the stock spring so want to try the stock/ silver spring.

Finally why do the instructions say " Be warned that is no fun adding the smaller springs to the stock spring"? I see a few 150 owners have gone to this combo

Info greatly appreciated, hoping to change it out and test tomorrow.
  2. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    3rd time unlucky again :banghead:. Finally got the governor to pop out but in doing so the linkage shaft jumped a tooth and spun around so it went much further then qtr turn.
    Have no idea were the linkage shaft should be positioned. (The little gear on it thats inside the cases that has one tooth missing, how does one know what position the missing tooth should be in)?
    I can get the governor to slide back in but there is very little load on the PV or the PV actuator arm. you push the arm up and the PV's just stay up :confused:.
    Knew I should of just left it alone and gone riding tomorrow.
  3. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    No one can help?
    shabbanz likes this.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

There are only two positions where the shaft will be in the correct place to allow full range of motion of the power valve and still have the correct amount of pre-load tension with the linkage adjusted close to the middle. Do you have the install instructions with pic's? If you don't and will pm me your e-mail address I will send them to you with pointers.
  5. Watky Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr150
    Thanks for that, Yes I've got the instructions. Didn't seem to matter what position I tried to have the shaft in it never had the correct preload tension. The PV would only go under tension when the were half way open.
    I've now dropped the bike off to someone to do it for me.
    Not sure where I was going wrong, for something that looks so very simple:banghead: . Would be good to know how its done myself as possibly I won't like the stock / silver spring combo.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    As i am not getting full range of motion of power valves I am looking into this area
    The shaft on mine seems to have a side with three teeth worn down which was the side facing down when I opened mine up
    Is this wear? Does shaft spin around?
    How does it work?

If I rotate the shaft to other side the teeth are good
    Cheers
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I have full range of arm as shown on pic 1 with the limited range marked on left
    Bolt in centre of slot
    This limitation now occurs only when i replace cover to governor

Like luke in this thread i am Not sure what the correct technique is to insert governor gear back on to shaft

I must have had this issue for a long time. Hence poor performance

Attached Files:

8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Anyone done a PVC spring change ? Any ideas Why the governor is limiting the Power valve motion ? Governor installation technique?
    Edit: found that the movement of the arm is actually greater than what it is when you move it manually
    That is : when u push on governor it and depress spring the arm goes all the way up
    Strange thing is the mechanism doesn't always activate but seems to always work when running
    Tested with bolt at top of slot for low end - good closing of pvs. and seems to be getting good range of opening
    Strong power bottom to top
    Will keep testing for preferred bolt position
  9. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    probably not much help here but when I overhauled the engine i had also some difficulties with getting this one right

took me about 3 attempts to get it right

still have to come it my way as my power valve actuation have to be replaced completely now, all components have simply to much leeway

did ask the price at halls already and pleasantly supriced by the price of it

the only issue now is to get it here

working on it

should be in the same package as a lectron i guess:rolleyes:

Robert-Jan