1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc PWK Airstryker info for 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by edmoto, Oct 14, 2012.

1. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    I did a cursory search, and saw where in 2010 or so people found the 36mm or 38mm PWK Airstryker carb a good replacement for the Mikuni on the 125 (and BB kits). It looks like the original distributor isn't carrying them anymore.

My Mikuni's float needle is now wore out, and I could use a new slide for jetting as winter starts. OR, I could get a PWK. And from all the reviews, it looks like I won't have to chase my jetting as much with the Keihin carb. Just as I think I've determined what carb I need to get, I get confused as there are seemingly different versions or applications for the "36mm PWK AS" (at least on pumpkin bikes). Can someone tell me the part# and jetting kit supplier (and apparently a carb cable, too) to switch out carbs for a 2008 CR125? So I can order without confusion or mistake from a distributor like WPS, Parts Unlimited, etc?

What I'm shopping for:
    2008 CR 125
    36mm Keihin PWK Airstryker carb (I want low end performance versus using a 38mm PWK AS)

My elevation is 4700', and my air density in summer is 6500'-7500', and in winter 4500'-6000', if this helps select a particular jetting kit.

Thanks
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I believe motosportz sell them, and would know the right carb for that bike.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The carb you need is off the KTM150.
    edmoto likes this.
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Make sure the length is close to the Mikuni not too short.
    I've fitted an older pwk 36mm and its working well
  5. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I got a 36 'shorty' pwk from a 1999 kx125 for $50. It fits and works perfectly, but did require some epoxying to close off the holes where the TPS used to reside. I'm pretty sure any pwk (36 or 38) with the TPS system is a shorty carb and is the correct length. The screw cap type will fit, but are a little longer than stock and may rub on the intake boot.
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You need the 36mm Air Stryker. The earlier PWK is not an Air Stryker.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The 08 takes the standard dimension screw top PWK. Just make sure you are getting the airstriker.
    edmoto likes this.
  8. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just so its clear, the 2008 and earlier bikes do NOT need the shorty version. It's the 2009 and later bikes that work best with the shorties.
    edmoto and wallybean like this.
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I've had an air Stryker and this non air striker feels as good if not better as it doesn't have the jd needle which I found to bog down low
    Some Ktm carbs eg the 250 36mm are 10mm shorter than the tmx so will not fit
    You may get to fit with newer model intake which I believe is longer

I just know I am not going back to a Mikuni tmx in a hurry
  10. edmoto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 CR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400SR, XR250R, VOR503, GG XC300e
    Thanks for the clarification Vinduro/Wallybean/dfeckle (you guys need to become Husky dealers, or move to Canada as it looks like Husky Canada needs a good distributor).

36mm PWK Air Stryker from a current model year KTM 150, with standard screw top dimensions, and NOT the shorty version.
  11. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

YEP
    You can get one from Hattiesburg Cycles at a good price. Ask for Mike Sanders, Parts Manager to get the best price and mention RUDDER.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dwight
    Thanks for passing on that "deal" to all tiddler fiends.