1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Question about 1 turn on air screw.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by eric125, May 24, 2013.

1. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    I'm reading spabkeys jetting guide and I want to confirm that 1 turn on the air screw = a complete 360 degrees

Also I was told when I bought the bike to do 40:1. But manual days 33:1 (32:1) but Im starting completely fresh jetting the bike should I start with factory recommendation and stick with it. 02 husky wr 125 I live in Massachusetts and I'm 190 lbs (gear on). Thank you
  2. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    1 turn = 360 deg. If you rev it hard most of the time, use 32:1. If you are woods riding and in-and-out of the powerband, spending pleanty of time with the powervalve closed, use 40:1.
    R_Little and typeone like this.
  3. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    What oil are you using? I'm using 50:1 amsoil interceptor,just did the top end after 4 years and it looked new.Synthetic oils today are really good.Cant help you with jetting.I'm at 6,000'
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Might be an OK starting point but you might also get more performance and MPG by tuning it to your bikes needs and your riding style. Read up on what the circuits do and then ride the bike and decide if you feel it is running right throughout the range. If not make a educated guess based on the different circuits what needs changed and change one thing at a time so to see the effect. You can always go back.
  5. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    I use motorex low smoke pre mix I was considering going torco or ams. I also do a lot of trail riding not using the bikes full power. The reason I'm looking into jetting is I do get the spooge out of the pipe. Yes it's new top end an re packed muffler. Is the 32:1 ratio more for a high rev engine and 40:1/50:1 more for a trail bike. I also read just cause the ratio say for example 40:1 has less oil in the mix. It actually makes the mix richer in the carb? Does that sound right?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'll repeat it again, NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH SPOOGE FROM THE MUFFLER. Simply means your oil is lubricating the motor. Read the plug and jet according to that regardless of spooge.
    Xcuvator likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes, it is all about ratios. More oil per gallon = less gas per gallon and leaner air/fuel. Less oil means more fuel per gallon and richer air/fuel. Although you could run anywhere from 30:1-50:1 on many oils and not see much of a difference running wise. Somewhere around 40:1 on modern oils seems the norm these days.
  8. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250

If you are trail riding and not on the pipe constantly 40:1 is a good bet. After that dialing in the jetting, especially the pilot jet will clean up much of the spooge. A little is fine, but if you have a lot it's usually too rich.
  9. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've never heard a theory that spooge dripping from the can is normal or good. Our 125s are run pretty much wide open and the only time we've had any was on my bike when I didn't realize the air screw was closed. 44:1 on everything and no abnormal wear or ring/piston life and no spooge.
  10. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I appreciate your insight (YOGI). :D Just kidding.
    How has the spooge been on your 04 165 been? I remember you saying that right after putting the Lectron on, it went away even on the gnarly nasty stuff you ride?
    Just curious?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    after a 70 mile jordon creek ride about and inch line. I ride off the powervalve a lot, like mid range.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i ride bottom and mid 90% of the time. Also lots of very long steep downhills where you off the gas and at steep angles for long periods of time.
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Too good!
  14. eric125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 yamaha r6
    I think the amount of sponge coming out of my exhaust would relate a jetting problem. Going to set the jets all back to stock owners manual try 40:1 due to my riding condition and see how it is. If I put my hand at the muffler end it will have oil spitting onto it. I agree spooge let's me know everything's lubed. But I just don't think this is right.
  15. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, I guess that goes for 90% of the 125-167 riders here. Hard to wrap my head around that still.
  16. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250

Going back to stock is a good place to start. Then, like you said use Spank's jetting guide to set you up. Pilot jet first, then needle, then main jet.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    MotoMarc36 and wallybean like this.
  18. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    That is awesome! The trails around here are disappearing:( I've been hitting MX tracks mostly this year...
  19. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, where we ride it's 9k RPM, fan the clutch, 3 gears up, 2 down, 2 up, 3 down, clutch pop before every jump if you stay in second. :eek: Different terrain. NJ sand scrambles or MX is totally different than where you guys ride. I can't stay under 5k for anything over here.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Our trail systems are growing like crazy. some legal some just user built but I am finding new trail everywhere. Wild wild west i guess.