1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc question on steahly flywheel install on WR

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MARK WOOLARD, Oct 2, 2010.

1. MARK WOOLARD Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am installing a Steahly flywheel weight on my 07 WR250. I bought the bike used and the weight came with it. No instructions were included. I removed the nut and washer that hold the stock flywheel on using an air wrench. I screwed the weight on until it fit flush on there. I tightened down the four set screws that secure it to the flywheel. The weight screws into the stock flywheel threads.Since I can't use the stock nut and washer, how does the flywheel keep from unscrewing itself from the shaft? I am afraid to start it before I find the answer to this question!
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The weight needs to be torqued down like the stock nut. It has became your fly wheel nut.

Loosen the four set screws and torque it down using the ratchet tool that comes with the FWW. Then tighten the 4 set screws.

If you don't have that tool, don't ride it until you get one and torque the weight down to spec..
  3. MARK WOOLARD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks. I don't have one but will get one.:D
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I look forward to your report after you get it bolted up and have been for a ride.
  5. coronello Husqvarna
    AA Class

Me too, because I want to install one on my WR250 2010... too nervous for my technical riding here in Spain!! ;)

Thanks
  6. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

I put one on my '06. A really effective fix for that nervous feeling in the technical or snotty stuff. For $100, you can't beat it.

I also put a G2 throttle on. It helps too.

With both together, you get really good traction control.