1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Quick jeting question 1999 wr 250

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by oneal, Oct 6, 2011.

1. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    I managed to sort out most of my running problems on my old girl. Today i fitted a new emlusion and needle with the clip in the 3rd in the stock setting as ive gone back to running the tmx carb. Im currently running a 32.5 pilot but i'm 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 out on the air screw to get steady tick over. Does any of the husky gods think its worth running a 30 pilot to bring the air screw back into range at 1 1/2 to 2 turns out.

I think i may have answered my own question. Because im running a 251 over bore i think im running lean so my next try will be the 35 pilot and see what happens from there.

What do you all think
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My 09 WR250 with Mikuni seemed to idle better and transition better with a small enough pilot to run the air screw between 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 turns out. When you go to a smaller pilot it gives less fuel so you turn the air down by going less turns on the air screw. That doesn't mean the fuel ratio is necessarily leaner. I set mine this way so that if I went up in altitude I would have some room to adjust the air screw without having to change the pilot and because it runs better (more crisp) that way.
  3. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Thanks doug thats the type of information i've been looking for, I think i'm going to go down this route and try the the 30 pilot jet. The parts where ordered today so hopefully they will come in saturday mornings post. And ill report back. Right then to day the jets turned up in the post. So i fitted the 30 pilot, and got the air screw set at 1.3/4 turns out. im really happy that it started first and sounds one hundred and ten percent better.