1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Quick pilot jet question.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

On my 2008 cr 144 I went from a 35 pilot jet to 30 and found the bike ran the same as with 35 pilot no bog still. The only part I do not like is the bike when cold will idle really fast till it warms up takes couple mins for idles to slow down. Does this mean pilot is to small. If I adjust idle to slow down for cold motor it will not idle when hot. Thanks for any help. I am thinking about switching back to 35 pilot.
  2. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

What is your air screw set at? How many turns?
  3. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

1 3/4 turns was closer to 2 1/2 turns with 35 pilot if I remeber right. The bike jetting is close only problem is when comming out of a corner when I pin full throttle bike take 1/2 sec to react. I use to slip clutch a little but is not needed all I do now is close and open throttle and it gone or just wait both ways act just like I slipped clutch. Adjusting air screw does help a little but still not as crisp down low as my sons 2010 yz 125 those bike are jetted perfect from factory. I have also just got use to pinning throttle at 1/4 way around turn knowing it will not kick in till I am 1/2 way around. Bike does not sound like it dying from being to lean or blurbling from being to rich just delayed response. I have tried to move igntion forward and back no difference. I have also put smaller sprocket on motor and did help the way bike handles but did not get rid of bottom throttle delay. I also changed power valve springs which move powerband lower and last little longer which i like bit did not effect bottom end delay problem. This is not a bog problem just a throttle reponse problem at lower rpms once bike starts to kick in it rips froms low all the way to a very fast high end. Changing pilot made no difference just affected the way bike idles Thanks for any help
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

When the engine is hot, adjust the air screw to highest idle rpm. Then readjust the idle to correct RPM. Then Your airscrew should be set at 1.5 to 2.5 turns out. If less than 1.5 turns then you need larger pilot jet. If more than 2.5 you need smaller.
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Vinduro thanks for the help. I will try that method again to see if it helps.
  6. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    I think your should be more up arund a 37.5, 40 so with your temps.
  7. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The temp I ride at are from 50-86 f and live at 1700 feet above sea level. I do have a 35 and 40 pilot but thought the 40 would be to rich but should be worth a try. The bike came with 35 stock and was good with stock 125 and 30 was to lean so my thinking was with 144 the 30 should be about right since it sounded like with the 144 kit everybody was going down one jet size. Thanks again. One more thing I should add is this bikes starts good cold or hot first or second kick everytime no matter what jetting I had in bike.
  8. letitsnow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600F4
    Also remember the YZ has a throttle position sensor that changes the timing as you move the throttle...