1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st race gas?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marcmo0, Mar 11, 2012.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    what are the differences between race gasses? And what is difference between race gas and 110 octane?
    Who is running what? 50/50 ratio? or?
  2. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    4 gallons of premium, 1 gallon Sunoco 112, 4 oz per gallon Yamalube R2= 32/1 96 octane. This is in a YZ 250 though.
  3. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    110 octane is race gas. There are many types unleaded and leaded. I use Cam 2 leaded race gas. Generally this type requires you to lean your jetting. It gives good throttle response and not a hint of detonation.
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm running 2 gallons of NON ETHANOL 90octane gas to 3 gallons of 100LL AvGas. I blend in 8 oz of Tolune and 2 oz of Acetone. If running in a 4 stroke I put in 3 oz of Marvel Mystery oil and if in a 2 stroke I am blending 16 oz of Maxima K2 (40:1). OH, I also put in 1 oz of StarTron Enzyme Treatment. Tolune bumps the Octane, Acetone improves the fuels vaporization. Startron Enzymes break the fuel down to where it burns more effiecently. That is why it works well with E10 fuels also. Basically I am blending my own Race Gas. It is about $5 a gallon cheaper than actual race gas around here. I usually mix up about 20 gallons at a time so as not to waste the attendents at the Airports time.
  5. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    I bet your garage smells like a meth lab

VP C12 Motul 50:1 tore it down to put the six speed in, with 55 hours the top end looked brand new. No blow by, scratches or anything.

The hard core guys tell me the 110 is for lawn mowers
    Bill502 likes this.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    VP110 with various synthetic oils mixed at 50:1

I usually use Lucas, Sthil full synthetic or Ammsoil Dominator and often mix them if I don't have enough of what ever I was using last.
    454x likes this.
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I "jet" my bike in the winter by just using more race gas in the mix. 1/3 in the summer 1/2 in the winter.
  8. steadydirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 2002 wr 250 1994 wxe 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    fj 1100 cb500 cb350 rt 200 xs 650
    You remind me of a winning drag racer acquaintance I used to know!!
  9. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    Why do you guys run or mix with race gas. My 300 has never shown any signs of detonation. I know what detonation looks and sounds like, I have had an 85 yz490 for 15 years, race gas a must for her.
  10. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

My CR150 has had .3mm shaved off the head and it still is fine with the ethonol free pump premium I currently run. I did set the timing stock to be safe.

Previously I ran pure av gas. I think I am swithing back just because it cost about the same and never goes bad. I have 5 gallons of pump in a metal container that is about 6 weeks old now and I think I am going to have to dump it or blend it. Supposedly throttle response suffers with avgas but I sure can not tell the difference.
  11. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm curious. I thought the two strokes were relatively low compression. Wouldn't higher octane lower performance?
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My stock WR250 will ping on 93 pump gas. I mixed for a while and then said heck with it and started using pure $8 per gal. VP110 to avoid having to mess with all the additives.
  13. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    My Kawi klx450 would ping when stock until I got it jetted properly. Then I ran it on 89. My 300 seized on the stock jetting (in the sand) and still showed no signs of detonation on the top of the piston or on the spark plug. I have a vague understanding on how the 2 stroke is kind of supercharged the way some of the intake charge pulses back from the expansion chamber, so it must make a lot of cylinder pressure. But with the low static compression, I would think the high octane would make for low performance off the pipe. Maybe I'll just have to try it and see for myself.
  14. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Octane rating has nothing to do with power or throttle response. The cam 2 I run has a much lower distillation curve than a standard pump gas so it will burn better. But you do need to adjust your jetting for it. And yes the exhaust pipe, particularly aftermarket pipes, do increase the cylinder pressure a fair amount.
  15. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    A local gas station has 94 octane with 10% ethanol for $1.32 a litre, $4.50 a gallon U.S. Any one try this fuel.....
  16. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    I picked up some 110 last night and mixed it 50/50 with my pump premium, which has E. Bike started first kick, no choke. I thinks its gonna be a happy day tomorrow!!
  17. Suamico SD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350 , Gas Gas Raga 300
    I love this topic, I know ethanol is evil, I've tried race gas (we have itin th pump here, thanks stok car dudes!) seems to make a bigger difference in our 4t an 2t. Man I love the smell of race gas and motorex!