1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc race head and piston ??

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by kris merrill, Oct 19, 2011.

1. kris merrill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Wr 300 - 1999 Wr 360
    Well I made the jump to the 300 and love it. I did the pro circuit pipe and 296 silencer, as well as the pwk Jd jetting Carb. I ride from 5000' and up so I'm trying to get a little more out of her. I have a race head ordered and was wondering if it is more of a dome piston type head like the stock one or more designed for the factory flat top piston. I've read that the skirt is shaped wrong on the gasgas piston but people still run it? Do you reshape it at all or just run it. The 72 mm trx250r piston looks like the skirt is shaped the same as the wr does it fit?

One more thing, I'm going to send my pwk to rb-design, has he worked over any race heads? Mabey with the gasgas piston in. There has to be better gains their also right.
  2. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just fit the head and use. It is worthwhile getting 2 new water inlets as the old ones are v.tight and easy to strip the threads as you unscrew them. The head raises the compression from about 160 to just over 180 psi and the squish is better. You will find the head makes a huge difference to the bottom end and mid range with even more torque. This has to be the best value for money mod you can make!
    jbankes likes this.
  3. kris merrill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Wr 300 - 1999 Wr 360
    Thanks for the heads up on the inlets ill watch them as I take them off. I think I have a couple that size in the work bench anyway. Ill plan a putting it on and trying it out to see what its got. Ill check the squish when I put the head on. I've got some old 250r pistons around. Ill break the calipers out and let you know what I find out.