1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc race head for 250?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by haulin husky7, Nov 2, 2011.

1. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    Is the race head that everyone puts on the 300 available for the 250? what gains does it give the wr, im looking for longer top end pull on the 09 wr250 the bike has more than enough power and is plenty fast im just wanting the power in the top spread longer so I dont have to shift as much its not nearly as bad as the yz 250s that the power just drops soon after it hits. The bike has awesome long top end pull for a 2stroke but was just wondering if it could be made longer?
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    From what I have heard it boosts compression and gives more low to midrange power. Don't think it will help with top end.
    MR54L likes this.
  3. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have one on a 300 and no it doesn't make any noticeable difference to top end. It's great for bottom and mid range torque, but not really what you are looking for. I would guess it would be the same on the 250.
    MR54L likes this.
  4. Acmesalute76 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR250
    I have never heard of a race head for the 250. Does it exist? And if so can I still run pump gas?
  5. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Might be cheaper an easier to just drop 1 or 2 teeth on the rear..............?
  6. racer726 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Send your head to RB Designs. He'll make you a race head. Cheaper than a new one too.
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  7. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Get the jug ported for more top end , thats the only way , 09 are just tork monsters thats what they do .
    lankydoug likes this.
  8. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont know if you can get one for the 250, but my 300 runs fine on pump fuel. The compression is only raised to about 180 psi so there is no need for race gas. They are actually only about $120 to buy, it's got to be the best value for money mod you can make!
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My 09 WR250 is stock and will not run on 93 octane pump gas without pinging. It would do fine on 50% 110 race fuel and 50% 93 pump but then I moved to MO where all the pump gas has 10% ethanol so I just started running pure VP110 race fuel that I get locally for $8 per gallon. My point is I don't think the top end sign off of the 250 is a compression issue as much as a pipe or porting issue. I think mine signs off at high rpm because of the pipe but you don't get something for nothing meaning if you change the pipe for top end you may not have as much mid range power. I got more top end by leaning out the main a little but when I went a little to far it started affecting the mid power so I went back a little richer. I've come the realize (like johnnyBgood said) 09s are torque monsters. If they run hard in the mid ride 'em in the mid.
  10. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Do the squish band, Have the head shaved. it will pull from idle right through to over rev and yes it does work well