1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Racehead and jetting evaluation on icetrack.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Today it was time to try out the new racehead that i fitted last week. The difference of the heads was clearly noticeable with the eye when i compared them, and when i started my 300 up to make sure there was no leaks i also noticed a different enginesound! Very responsive on throttle! Ok, so out and tried it on the ice today. It was really cold today, -19 Celsius, but the bike started on 2nd kick. As soon as i started to move i noticed that it was stronger on the bottom. And when i started to rev it up and got going for real i was very satisfyed! Clearly noticeable difference! I also corrected my jetting for the cold day and ended up with 45 pilot, EEL needle in 3rd clip and 185 main. This was very good, and the bike went up on the rearwheel out of the corners with ease in 2nd gear with 14/42 gearing on throttle only. The only thing i will change is to go for a 50 pilot at these cold days, as i had to turn my airscrew in to 1 turn from the bottom. Carb is Keihin PWK 38. Otherwise the bike went like a rocket! Medium brown sparkplug.

Johnny:sweden:
  2. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree Johnny, the race head makes the Husky go like a rocket. Im still waiting for my 42 rear sproket to arrive.

Why buy a 450 when you can overtake them on a 300 smoker :)
  3. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, you´re right! I run even against my friends KTM 525 motocross without problems! Maybe the silencer gives a little more, who knows=)!
  4. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Wr300 racehead

Hey Johnny where do you buy the race head from?

Cheers

The saw
  5. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello Raysaw! I found my head in Canada at JP Powersports in Quebec. I don´t know if they have anymore in stock. Just contact them on www.jppowersports.ca, or give them a call at 450-602-2331.

Very good service! Good luck! I really like this head, and i got more convinced yesterday on the ice. Everyone said it really sounded sharp and seemed really fast, and it feels too!

Johnny
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hello Raysaw! I found my head in Canada at JP Powersports in Quebec. I don´t know if they have anymore in stock. Just contact them on www.jppowersports.ca, or give them a call at 450-602-2331.

Very good service! I really like this head, and i got more convinced yesterday on the ice. Everyone said it really sounded sharp and seemed really fast, and it feels too!

Johnny
  7. raysaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX14R
    Thanks Johnny - I'll give them a ring - sounds like an excellent mod
  8. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes, it is! make sure you use good fuel with the higher compression! I use 98 or 99 octane and 3% oilmix.

Johnny