1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc rad shrouds broke bad design

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by wayne, Nov 19, 2012.

1. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

hi all, my lad was riding a sand track yesterday on the cr125 ,well he came off a few times and the fixings on the radiator broke off both sides, bit of a bad idea i think ,i fixed them temp with cable ties but it looks tatty ,surely i dont have to buy new rads?any ideas folks
  2. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Are you talking about the plastic pieces?? Ya, they are junk IMO... Lots of people have problems with them... Remove them completely, problem solved, and still looks ok. Then again, I have robust Motosportz Rad Guards that finish out the look, and keep the rads protected.

[IMG]
    marcmo0 likes this.
  3. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

yep there the ones, they fix to the rad its a weak spot i think ,once the rad fixing breaks off there is no way of holding them on:thumbsdown:
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

those little black/gray lower shrouds are only like $6 here in USA so I guess you get what you pay for.
    Poor design but I just fork over the $ for new ones....they are like giving up 2 cups of coffee (or tea if your not from US)
  5. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike

Oh, so the mounting hardware point is ruined / gone? That really sucks! I don't have any suggestions for that! Sorry!
  6. wayne Husqvarna
    B Class

sorry i didnt explain very well ,yes its snapped off the radiator both sides the same, thanks i will have to improvise a way of holding them
    on:thinking:
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250