Rain day short ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Mar 24, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Today I was up and out early looking for some flooding from the overnight rain but it was anything but flooding ... I was hoping it rained heavily in the mountains and would be a great run-off here on the bottom but this was not the case ...

These rain rides never really pan on the hCams lots of times due to water on the lenses ... Been planning on making a small cover for the cam to protect from some of the rain drops but no prototype to date :(

Not alot here but there is another example of how quick a crash can happen and how the slow ones can be really bad also in the first video ...

--

Always interesting to see what the Pacific has to offer each day on my way out to the mountains... I'd call that rough seas ...
    496_0785.JPG

One of my first stops to check for some big water...
    496_0791.JPG

The big water action is not gonna happen this day :( ... So what I did was just find this small path heading off towards the river that is over in that direction not too far. Again, you can see the rain issue with the lenses but at the same time the wet green stuff stands out a little better maybe...
    496_0796.JPG

These kind of days are just business as usual for the locals.
    496_0798.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Just out of sight from the road down the trail, is this small shed ... Looks like it is used my the locals often and I'm sure they will not mind if I stop by here time to time for a rest ... I'll have to get a cool name for this point so that I do not forget about it ...
    496_0816.JPG

I really like this aspect of riding here ... ~100 ft behind the bike is civilization :) yet it looks like I'm deep in the jungle.
    496_0829.JPG

Here's an open spot just past the hut.
    496_0807.JPG
    A small MX course could be made here ... Maybe I'll see about later down the line ...
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Heres a couple shots down on the river side ... The low hanging clouds add a little to these shots taken in the open ..
    496_0809.JPG

496_0811.JPG

A little further on down the line ..
    496_0835.JPG

Its over and back to MoJos for some grub ...
    496_0838.JPG
    Dirtdame likes this.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the video of me riding off the road and passing that small hut ... You'll see me reach to cut off the cam and the world suddenly tosses me off like a bugger... This was about the second weirdest crash I've ever had ... Most unexpected for sure ..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvhrR5G9wZQ

If you watch many of my videos, you should get an idea idea of how I ride here often ... No balls to the walls stuff each ride like yrs ago when I had only 1 day of the week to ride. Riding 3-5 times each week, all yr long, allows a rider to pick and choose when to go hard .. Maybe this helps me put all these error-free HRs on my bikes? :)
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  7. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    I reckon there was a rabbit in the undergrowth and he stuck a stick in your spokes!!
    You do some riding Rayray, would love to get out as much as you in that kind of territory.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It was a rabbit with a water pipe... :) ... it was such a surprise, I still can't figure out what happened ... I just remember being jerked around and my head was having a hard time keeping up with where my body was going...

I don't know what is going on in that area, but I saw a very large tank there and several other large water pipes out there.

--
    After reading all the other ride reports here, I'm reminded that the riding here seems much more compact with dirt and trails and cement mixed in, its sort of like DS riding but on a small scale with speeds low ... Some sort of ~urbanish riding while in the countryside ... Weird sounding and fits a bike like a TC racer model well as the speeds are well less than hiways speeds and 1st gear is usually not too tall ... I'll take customers to different islands but I'm leaning more to staying on Cebu now ... There is just alot to see and ride here where I live ...
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's the video after the crash and I rode on down to the river ...