Re-jet?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by rt9bil, Aug 12, 2010.

1. rt9bil Husqvarna

Hi Guys,
    I'm new to the forum, huskys, supermoto and carb bikes. I am coming from a Triumph daytona 675. Prior to that my other bikes were also FI'd. So I just picked up a '07 sm610.The previous owner added some aftermarket parts
    Leo slip on
    JD jet kit
    modded airbox

....and some other parts like bars and a seat. After I picked up the bike and got it home I noticed a bad stumble/ hesitation so I did some research on here and swapped out the plug for an ngk cr8eix iridium. The good thing is that the stumble is gone, but the bike now has a nasty backfire on deceleration (loud). Can anyone make any recommendations on where to start the process of getting rid of the backfiring. The bike runs well, good power, fires right up w/o the choke when cold. I haven't pulled the carb off, so I'm unsure if it does actually have a jet kit or what needles and jets are installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure on this issue overall but I think the popping is caused by a lean condition but I'm not sure of which circuit it is ...

The JDKit has different needle valves, one with a red tip, the other has a blue tip ... You c an check for these items if you ever look in the CARB and there might also be an O-ring around the accelerator pump activator arm also signaling someone has been tinkering with this JDKit ...

Was you previous plug in bad shape before you changed to this new plug? I think I might be running my plugs too long and my bike looses power before the pug totally gives up and dies ...
  3. rt9bil Husqvarna

yea, the original plug was pretty bad looking for only having 2800 miles. The tip was black.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That sounds rich but maybe just a burnt up plug and I was reading more on the backfiring and one guy said it can be caused by a rich condition also ...

Does the bike show any other signs of bad jetting? Any throttle positions that the acceleration is bad or weak power?
  5. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    Backfiring can also be from a leaky exhuast. like the seems in a multi-piece exhaust system.

Im pretty sure most if not all the popping on my bike is from the 5 or so joints/seems in my exhaust...
  6. larry belli Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 Triumph Street Triple & HD XL883
    Hey rt9bil, I'm kinda in the same situation you're in. I've been riding a Street Triple for the last 3 yrs and recently picked up an 06 sm610. I'm having the same problem with the hic cup. I have Barrett after market exhaust, re jetted, but got the dead spot. Have you resolved your issue?