Reading Anthracite Co. ?

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by yanmar, Aug 23, 2013.

1. yanmar Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    kawasaki harley davidson
    So. Jersey sand flea looking to ride the rocks in a hassle free setting . Was wondering if anyone has ridden this area and could give me a heads up on the terrain . Thanks Dennis
  2. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Awesome terrain and a big mix of fire roads, single track, hill climbs, play areas, etc. My buddies and I go there often and ride the "singlest of the single" track and we rarely see anyone else. Most people come up there to screw around on the road or on the wide open trails on their Banshees or clapped out smaller cc bikes. There has been a large influx of people from inner-city Reading and Allentown who have no regard for "the right of way" and they often just go up and down the road by the parking area doing garbage wheelies and making alot of noise. You occasionally see the more serious riders but not that often.
    If you want rocks, there are a few trails hidden in there littered with rocks.
    PM me if you have more questions.
  3. footlbs Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310 2011 TE449, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 GSXR1000, 09YZ250F
    Ditto the above reply on terrain. There are efforts underway to open public land adjacent to some of the Reading anthracite property. Anthracite property covers a large area. It is made up of many "parcels" in different locations. I have been riding on Reading Anthracite ground for the past three years and like riding there. It's not hard to get away from the masses if you know where to go. The permit costs $125.00 per calendar year but many people don't bother getting it. Because of that and trash dumping some areas have been closed. I can tell you more about it and other areas over the phone if you are interested. Check out AOAA and Anthracite Trail Riders