1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Ready or Not?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by scson24, Feb 25, 2014.

1. scson24 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 KTM 300 XC-W
    I ordered a Lectron for my 300 from Motosportz, and I am supposed to get it Thursday afternoon. I am going to run the Sandlapper National Enduro on Sunday, March 2nd, and was wondering if that was enough time to get it installed and dialed in. I was hoping to draw on past experiences and knowledge from anyone that has purchased a Lectron. Do they require much tinkering, or are they ready to go out of the box?
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Usually bolt on and go. Only internal adjustment is the rod and it is EZ and set and forget. Then there is a PJ setting that is external which dials the top end. Read the setup stuff thats all over this forum so you understand the tuning criteria. You should have little to no problem, we have these pretty dialed. All bikes are different so some slight tweaking might be in order but should be very close as is.
  3. scson24 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 KTM 300 XC-W
    Thanks Kelly. Man, I can't wait!
  4. Long_Stroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300, 2013 WR144, 2020 FE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    1996 DR350, 2002 Aprilia Caponord
    My own experience was good. Took a little time and fiddling. I was also dealing with the un-shortened version and it worked, but sent it back to Lectron and they cut it down for me. Motosportz didn't have the throttle cables at the time and I modified my cable to work with the Mikuni elbow at the top of the carb. That entailed cutting half to one inch of cable housing from the grip end to get the cable into the slide.... I wouldn't suggest that. I think the carbs come better set up now than when I got mine.
    Tuning is easy but give yourself time to ride a little. I have the 36mm on a WR300 and the adjustable power jet is only open about half a turn. I ride in Utah, 4500 - 9000 feet. I lost track of my needle adjustments and should have been writing them down as I worked but I did end up going leaner than it came. Maybe half a turn?
    Starts a lot easier and runs cleaner. I'm not a high-rev type rider and my mpg didn't change much, but I was getting better than most with the Mikuni. Maybe 65-70 miles on a tank riding mountains/desert trails.
    Keep the flat side of the needle toward the engine, and take out your exhaust plug!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    these are setup slightly on the rich side for safety. 1/2 turn out on the PJ is usually about right it seems. They come at 1 turn out (richer). The rod is also usually a little rich.
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    i think if your in the same country stick it in and off you go, it took me 40 mins to install mine as i had to fettle the cable mounts, and solder the old one to the new one minus the lock washer, i used lock tight to seal this up.
    i only had to 1/4 lean it out an shes better now than when i bought the bike 3 years ago.
    :thumbsup: keep us posted