Real good info coming out of the dealer meeting...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just got of the phone with my guy at the dealer meeting. Sounds like great news. Can't spill the beans on all of it but looks like some great stuff coming. Streamlined manufacturing, new models, BMW happy with husky, continued 2 stroke development and expanded 2 stroke models / displacements. USA could pass Europe soon in sales and have more input on design. Right now one of the biggest sellers is SMR125's in Europe!!! Guess they sell them like hot cakes tot he scooter crowd.

I'm stoked.

- Dean, sounds like you had dinner with Mike last night, he is good people.

Wooohoooo :thumbsup::cheers::applause::notworthy:
  2. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

C'mon, more, more, more!
  3. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    That's good. We get grilled everywhere we go with our Huskies. They are pretty rare here in Oklahoma. It would be nice to get more owners and maybe a local dealer down the road.
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    250's all get new engine first put in TC's. TE 250 still 6 speed.
    TXC's get FI, TC's carbs.
    310 engine is same.
    Slightly shorter swingarms
    Graphics embedded in plastic.
    Nothing on 610 development or change yet.
    Some bikes keep the Zokes, others get Kayabas.
    Some bikes already in transit and on the water. Likely even a mix and not just one style in the beginning.

That's all I've got from a short visit to Uptite. Didn't talk about 2 strokes.
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Indeed, Mike is a great person :thumbsup:

I also left my camera bag under the table :eek:, luckily they had it in the restaurant office this morning :)
  6. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

When are you guys that went to the meeting going to share the juicy details?
  7. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

Thats the info I was looking for as I will be buying a 2010 very soon. Anxious to see the difference between the TE and TXC other then turnsignals and lights. :thumbsup:
  8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Now, when you go to the Husky Corp. site, you will see that the TXC is the old 250 engine, so just a headsup. George, IIRC, said all 250's (TC, TE, TXC) are the new lightweight motor, 310 is same as last year. We'll see, maybe your dealer will check it out.
  9. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    for 2010 all the 250's are the new generation 250 and the TE/TXC are both fuel injected 6 speeds while the TC is carb'ed and 5 speeds.

The TE310 will stay as it was for 2009 right down to the Marzocchi forks and old generation DOHC engine
  10. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

And they say a big boatload of bikes is already on its way over? Any eta on bikes in showroom?

Edit: Might have a buyer for one of my bikes so I am getting anxious... can you tell? lol
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

What kind of weight are we talking about for the TE vs TXC?

12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Going from a crappy memory the TC250 is listed at about 219 dry, the TXC and TE weight 227 and 230 or something like that. it does not sound right to me. Seems the TXC would be more than a few pounds lighter than the TE. these are factory listed weights so take that for what it is worth.
  13. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    The lights aren't really that heavy and the TXC/TC's have the closed chamber Kayaba forks which means heavier forks then the open chamber Kayaba of the TE.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes but the TE has a much bigger wiring harness, gauges, switch gear, big tail light and blinkers, stick on reflectors, Muffler that weighs a lot more, EFI (more or less weight all included?) bigger ignition for the EFI etc. in the past the TE was a lot more than the TXC because of all this.
  15. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    09's and newer all have the same muffler from TXC's to TE's, the only difference is the FI'ed street legal bikes have a removeable catalyst in the pipe immediately before the muffler that weighs oz's. All the electric start Stators are within an oz or two and the wiring is getting much more compact and better/lighter weight connectors.

3lbs difference does seem a tad generous, but I seriously doubt there is much more the 7-10lbs difference in fully street legal 2010 TE to 2010 TXC, without the lights and mirrors it could easily be within 3-5lbs of each other
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I would agree 7-10 pounds sounds about right.
  17. TE 450 Pilot Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not to hijack the topic but i got to say...

I have seen a lot of guys complain about 3 or 4 pounds difference of bike weights. One friend complains his bike is almost 10 pounds heavier then brand X and he is going to have to swap some parts on his bike for lighter weight versions. Then i stand back a look at the fact he is 30 or 40 pound overweight. Why would he spend hundreds to shave 5 pounds of his bike. :excuseme:
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No matter how big or small YOU are a smaller lighter bike is EZer to change directions, wears you out less, stays on top more (whoops and stuff) and generally works better. A few pounds is not a huge deal 10 or more is.
  19. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

When you add the weight of the wiring harness to the handlebar area switches/odometer etc... You can definitely tell a difference between the TE and a TC. Last I heard the 2010 TE 250 was not going to be street legal, did they say anything about that at the dealer meeting?
  20. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Tim, Harold told me yesterday it was.