1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Rear brake friction material

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, Mar 12, 2012.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I would like to know which friction material will give the least grabbing and the longest wear. I like the stock front material because I can do a stoppie with one finger but the rear is too grabby for me to control without me locking up the wheel by accident. If it were a trials bike it would be perfect but wearing MX boots and trying to finesse the rear brake is like attempting brain surgery with a Louisville slugger. I use my rear brake very little compared to most riders and after a couple of mud rides the pads were toast. I have heard that the gold colored friction material is probably what I'm looking for but I'm open for suggestions.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I found out very quickly that the stock front brake on my WR300 was WAY too easy to lock up with only one finger (on top of a big rock pile with a step):eek:, so I wanted something a bit less. I had a set of Tusk (Rocky Mountain ATV house brand) sintered metallic pads that I had ordered for my TE450. Sure enough, they were a direct fit for my 300, so I slapped 'em on, even though it was the same type of material. But the Tusk pads were much less grabby. I could still do a two finger stoppie with the new pads, but will now be able to avoid accidentally killing myself with my front brake. Anyway, you might want to try a set of the Tusk brand on the rear end of your bike.
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I usually use ebc mx-s sintered pads front and rear on most of my bikes with good results. They last a long time especially in muddy conditions.They are a little hard on rotors though but braking is good.
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is an easy one. Go to the MOOSE brand XCR pads. They are sintered metal, long lasting and work great. Not grabby at all. They have double ceramics on back to help prevent heat transfer to caliper. Get from your local Parts Unlimited Dealer. Moose XCR Pads are especially made for Moose by DP. DP has a similar compound but doesn't have the double ceramics.
    lankydoug likes this.