1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Rear brake pad removal 2004 WR125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Andrew Brodribb, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Andrew Brodribb Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GSA. KLX400R. Renegade 800Xxc.
    Hi.

Got the rear wheel off and trying the change the pads. Removed the split pin in the road that holds the pad in place, but cant get the rod itself to slide out. It spins and where each end meets the caliper there's a bit of movement.

However, as stated, the rod holding the pads won't come out. Any ideas?
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That rod has 2 pins holding it in ... Next, spray that rod with WD40 or some other penetrating lube. Then, don't bugger up the end of that rod, but tap it out with a punch or something ..
  3. Andrew Brodribb Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    R1200GSA. KLX400R. Renegade 800Xxc.
    Oh, bugger. Only found the one split pin. That was on the inside side of the caliper. Where would the other be? It's not in plain sight.
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm guessing really as I don't have that exact bike but all the models Huskies I have have Brembo brakes ..

Just look along the rod ... Each end of that rod should have a split pin to hold the rod in place. It may or may not be there.. Sometimes they come out and get lost ... Look at the rod when it gets removed ...If a hole is on each end of the rod, then a pin should be in each end also when you get it all back together ... I just use pliable wire when I lose the cool looking OEM pin ...

If no pins, its' gotta be punched-on for removal ... Sometimes the brake pads themselves can cause that rod to bind-up also and will not allow the rod to slide out without aligning both sets of pads on the rod.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    only one split pin in 250/300s. one split pin between inside pad & caliper, remove, get a punch slightly smaller than the small hole in caliper & tap out from left side of bike(disc side on 250/300) through to right side(chain side) of bike through spokes-align them!!!. youll see it will only come out one way, different sized holes in caliper, comes out big hole. takes a couple of decent hits to get it out. has an expansion type thingy on the pin that keeps it in there tight. not sure if the older 125s are the same? older style brembos I guess, bit bigger than new 125s brakes. keep in mind drive side will be opposite if this is the case do it opposite to above. no need to remove wheel unless cleaning caliper, pistons etc.
  6. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    mine is similar and only has one split pin on the back, I changed my pads last week, after taking the split pin out I put a screwdriver with a tiny end against the end of the rod, right hand side if you are sitting on the bike, then tap the rod out , it'll fall out the other side by the wheel. The split pin is on the left hand side nearest the wheel if it's the same as yours