1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Rear brake reservoir Leaks

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Jul 13, 2012.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    My 09 300 is great in every way with exception on one thing. I have this annoying brake reservoir leakage sometimes. Last ride of 50 miles of singe track the reservoir was almost empty. I checked at the beginning of ride and it was full. I can see seepage from around the reservoir.my friend told me his ktms has a plastic bootie when you unscrew the reservoir and mine doesn't. He said take it to auto shop for size and get a seal. Is that the issue? Am I missing a part?

It doesn't leak out every ride but when it does it's seepage "around" the reservoir but having a bitch of a time finding it. The hoses that connect to the reservoir seem fine. There's nothing obvious leaking anywhere when you apply brakes. Scratching my head....
  2. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Mine emptied in one ride but it was because it was a mudfest and I wore a set of rear pads completely out in 3 hours. The caliper piston was all the way out so the brake fluid level was at the bottom. No leaks though.
  3. zilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 wr300, 04 cr125
    yes, mine has a rubber piece that makes the seal between the cap and reservoir. also be careful brake fluid is corrosive over time and will remove paint so if its dripping on your truck bed over time it will peel paint.
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    yeah theres a rubber diaphragm in there. changed fluid the other day. sounds like someone left it out last fluid change