1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc rear break lever height

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by skid, Jul 6, 2010.

1. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

what kind of a gap do you guys run between your foot and the rear break lever. I had a couple of fast guys ride my 144 and both crapped themselves when they went for the rear brake and nothing was there ... i.e. it was much lower than where they have theirs. Which is a snick below the level of the foot peg. My lever is as high as it will go and an easy inch or more below the sole of my boot when i'm standing. Its not quite so bad sitting down but a real reach standing. I never gave it much thought as coming from 4t's ... I don't have any real rear brake technique ... which perhaps explains my lack of speed ....

I don't see anyway to get the lever up closer to my foot ...
  2. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

As high as possible for me, I run my shifter pretty high as well, easier to brake and shift when I am standing, which is most of the time.
    I done the same thing on other peoples bikes, scared the sh$% out of myself, now I check before I pin it down a trail on someone else's bike
  3. dirt-dude Husqvarna
    AA Class

Loosen the jam nut on the master cylinder push rod and the height
    can be adjusted, and use the eccentric for fine tuning.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I set my brake lever to the same height as my shifter so I'll always a guide to adjust it with as the pads wear.

I'm not the most in-tune rider and can usually cope with any oddity, except a hanging rear brake pedal that's 2" lower than the shifter. My brain picks up on that ASAP.

And I'm an anchor dragger so I need my rear brakes!
  5. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

did that .. as far as I can tell its all the way out and still way too low, maybe i should check the rear brake pads!! But I'm not a huge rear brake user
  6. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

The pad wear should not affect the height, i took my eccentric off to get my brake higher, just left the screw in with a piece of plastic tubing over it
  7. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

its not the brake pads ... plenty of meat on them. I'll mess with it a bit tonight