1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st rear end overhaul..

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by jaxsplatt, Aug 4, 2013.

1. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Linkage overhaul!! local bike shop quoting $220 for all ballz overhaul kit.. Flea bay has moose for $90.. anyone used it? does it have all parts required for full backend replacement.. any one know of another brand.
    I really want to support local shop but really need to watch what I'm spending as Ordered piston rings and new reeds as at 100 hrs the old ones are pretty chipped.
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    i got an allballs swing arm kit, this was literally the two flanged nserts 4 bearings with seals inbuilt and two external seals. still good. not sure if a complete kit will contain the shock bearing.
    you got a link for the moose ones?
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

the moose stuff is fine.

i put the linkage kit and the swing arm kit in and didnt have any problems. i take my lower shock bearing apart 3 or 4 times a season. if you wait to long itll destroy the rollers. just clean it regularly and itll be fine.
  4. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I wouldn't touch another Allballs kit. I bought one about 5 years ago for my Suzuki, and half the kit was (way) out of spec. They replaced it with another kit that looked like factory parts, but for what they cost, I wouldn't take the chance.
  5. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Moose stuff is All Ballz. I have a couple of Moose fork kits hanging on the wall right now and they have "by All Ballz" on them.
  6. uranys Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    00 wr360/02 wr360/09 wr125/09 wr250
    Other Motorcycles:
    96 xr600r
    The moose/all balls linkage kit comes with all of the linkage stuff plus a spherical lower shock bearing, but it doesn't come with the swingarm stuff.

In my experience it doesn't matter what you use if you don't maintain them.
    jmetteer, MOTORHEAD and johnnyboy like this.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    +1 on maintenance. greese is cheap make sure its waterproof tho
  8. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    Local bike shop got the all ballz linkage kit and swingarm kit.. got both, Started pullin apart. Man the swivel bearing on the shock was dry and no needles left.. others wernt tobad but replaceing anyway. Swivel bearing on shock totally different to standard, Has Cup washers and way too tight to press on. Taking It to local machine engineer to put in and get the others out that I cant..
  9. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    good shout, dont forget to grease those bad boys atleast 4 times a season with waterproof grease, putoline do a race grease wich is waterproof an Blue
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I clean and regrease my stuff a couple times a year. Replaced the one bearing in the pivot that doesnt get a grease zirc. It was rusted solid. Replaced it with a synergy seals delrin insert.
  11. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R, KTM 400 EXC
    Save yourself a load of money by just buying the bearings that are worn out.
    Not sure how it works in other countries but there is an SKF shop here that sells all the bearings. The sizes are on the fiches and you just ask for what you need. I just replaced my swing arm bearings and the linkage ones too. Did not see the need to buy the whole kit so saved myself at least 100 bucks.
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    i ALWAYS replace in pairs, if one side is gone there is no point having to replace the other halfway through the season when you could of just done the pair together. just my ocd showing