1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc rear fender/tail light assembly for wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Apr 20, 2012.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    can anyone tell me if a 2011/2012 tail light will fit a 2010 wr300? i know the plastics havnt changed but im unsure whether the ducati ignition has changed the wiring/plugs as opposed to the kokusan. id assume voltage is no different? my rear fender is cracked & near on stuffed & i wouldnt mind a slimmer unit(just the white section-race style with brake/tail light but no plate light) so i can run my plate. the assembly that came on the 2010s is a big hunk of rubbish thats never gonna see the light of day on my bike-looks like it came off a drz400! i was hoping i could just plug n play?! anyone know or can check? can you buy the whole assembly as one(fender & tail light)?
  2. Darrendeep6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 BMW R 1200 GS
    Im not sure exactly what tail light you are referring to, but I have an 09 WR 300 and my dealer gave me an LED unit from a TE and it works. It had a three wire connector and my bike only had two wires. Now that I plated my bike the LED unit came in handy because it's wired for a brake/tail light. I just added a pressure switch and I'm legal. I hope that helps.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    my bike is fully road registered & it came with a massive tail light/plate extender(not sure if it was just us here in OZ that got this montrosity with their bikes). its rubbish & wouldnt last 2 minutes in the bush! just want something smaller for tail/brake light & plate exactly like the TE's. did it all fit sweet? is it the white one same as current 2 & 4Ts? all the wiring & switches are there ready to go i just disconnected everything from new so running without a plate/tail light! were the plug connectors similar? thanks for reply mate
  4. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mate, I just swapped the tail light on my 2012 300 last week, $45 from Supercheap, it has red brake/tail LED's and white ones for the numberplate.
    It has holes for mounting indicators, but I kept them on the stock bracket and mounted the tail light/plate holder to it as well (instead of bolting it to the guard)
    Works a treat and is a whole lot smaller than the stocker, I'll put some pics up later if you want.
  5. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    Pics please Twatty
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    what was wrong with the stocker twatty? i thort they were fairly compact & neat plus kept wiring out of harms way, sort of ktmesque? what was wiring situation & fit like(it wont get smashed or ripped out when suspension bottoms out ala crf450x)? yeh pics would be sweet mate & i might be interested in ya old one if you wana sell it!
  7. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oops, looks like a had a mis-print! I have a 2010 300, sorry for the confusion.
    As you know the 2010 tail light assy is pretty bulky and heavy, so I put this on. Very easy to fit, the packet tells you which colour wire is for what circuit, I only needed to cut and reterminate 1 wire.
    I still need to tidy up the wires, so don't judge me to harshly!
    I mounted it this way to get a better angle compared to bolting it straight to the guard, and to make it easy to pull everything off for racing and dirt riding.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The only issue I have with the unit is that the white LEDs don't really light up the plate very well due to the ange of the plate, so I'm thinking about making a bracket for the stock down light and fitting it above the tail light, or I might just wait untill I get pulled over for it...
  8. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    Sorry to steal this question. But did your bike come with the rear number plates shaped that way? Or did you cut them? They look awesome.
  9. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's the standard Aussie numberplate.
    Love the avatar by the way!
  10. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    Thanks. Thats how the bike landed after an obvious flip. I felt that one for a week.

So apprenently that sideplate is available. I would love to have that sleek look. I wonder if that style is available in the US?
  11. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ahh, you meant side panel, not number plate(thats the bit under the tail light with the rego number on it)
    I cut my standard side panels down by hand with a tile cutter, custom body work in 10 minutes!
  12. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

You will probably find those aluminium arms the indicators are mounted on usually snap off quite quickly. Even with the light weight of the indicators the vibes from the motor make the arms vibrate braking them off.
  13. Twatty Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hmmm, haven't had that problem with any of my 4 Husky's yet (have kept that stock bracket on all of them), maybe road riding shakes things around less?
    I'll keep an eye on 'em though, cheers.
  14. Steve-oh Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04RM250, 05XR100,07PW80,41 Harley
    My version of a quick release tail light assembly. I hard wired in a 5 pin trailer plug and tapped threads so no nuts are required thus I no longer have to remove the side number plates to hold the lock nut from turning. IMG_2300.JPG IMG_2301.JPG IMG_2302.JPG IMG_2304.JPG IMG_2303.JPG IMG_2315.JPG
    giantjoe and Twatty like this.
  15. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Steve-Oh is yours street legal?