1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Rear rotor rattle

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by marcmo0, Sep 29, 2011.

1. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Does anyone else experience this with floating rear rotor? My 09 300 rear brake rotor is an audible rattle when my bike is running. Is there something that I should be checking for to see if its loose or broken? The bolts are all snug. If I start it up and grab the rotor, the loud rattle goes away. When i let it go...it rattles like hell.
    Is this normal for this bike? I don't remember it being like that when new.
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Should be normal, mine does it a little.
  3. jbankes Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR144
    Yep, normal they all do it. It's to warn Squirrels, Chipmunks and Orange riders your coming.
    Gotlabs and hogwackr like this.
  4. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    [quoteas;dlvkj hwer[goifh fjbankes, post: 181516"]Yep, normal they all do it. It's to warn Squirrels, Chipmunks and Orange riders your coming.[/quote]

HA! Nice one. Well then, I guess I just wont worry about it. Those orange riders could use some more help.
  5. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 02 CR 125 and 250 did it and it annoyed the heck out of me, I replaced the rear rotor with a Braking wave rotor that is like what the new TC's come with.
  6. twwinston Husqvarna
    C Class

Mine did it on a 09 WR 250. Check the Allen screws frequently cause I had one back out and hit the brake caliper. Luckily I found it while unloading the bike and not at speed.