1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Rear Shock... Do I need to replace?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AC3, Aug 11, 2013.

1. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R, KTM 400 EXC
    Bike is a 2009 WR 300.
    The rear shock feels odd. The sag looks okay but when I compress the shock it rebounds back with a thud. Do I need to change the oil or any ideas how to fix?

I just replaced the linkage bearings and the swing arm bearings, but this did not fix the problem.

Thanks,
  2. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

there is a thread on this somewhere. hopefully someone has a link. something came apart. this isnt uncommon on this shock for some reason.
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Very likely your oil and nitrogen have mixed. O-ring wears out in the shock and the two will combine. If youre going to have the shock serviced-which I can almost guarantee it needs, take the cap of the shrader valve it give it a quick push. If oil AND nitrogen come out then the o ring is definitely worn. Also the resorvoir body is steel unlike many others with aluminum. Fine particles of steel will mix with your oil which ruins the o ring and also affects the oil performance. If you want a shock like that to work right it should be serviced every year at least-depending on how hard you ride.
  4. AWM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Orange

I agree.:cool:

In my honest opinon,just pull the tubes as well,and send them out to be rebuilt and revalved for your weight and ride'n stlye.Well worth the money,and one of the best things you can do to your motorcycle.:thumbsup:
  5. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Top answers.
    Thanks all. Think you are right as it feels like it is just the spring working and no damping.

I will see who can service this shock around here.
  6. AWM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Orange

I have Factory Connect do my suspention.Usally get it back with in a week,they don't mess around.:thumbsup:
    It can get pricey,,but in my opinon,its the best money you can spend.It'll pick your times up,and make the rythem easyer to find.Ive found it helps a lot all around,even to point that I don't waste energy fighting the bike,and i get less tired,and lets me save my energy for the tuff stuff,and i can stay in the seat longer,and be more effective later in the ride.

www.factoryconnection.com
  7. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I live in Cyprus at the moment so will have to look for something in the UK.
    Hopefully it will be a quick turnaround time as I use it 2-3 times a week.
  8. AWM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Orange

Ahh,,If the shipping isn't to bad,might still be option.
    I have friends across the pond,ill have to ask them who they'd use.Even for my own info.:thinking:
  9. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    See who is doing Lettenbichler's stuff maybe you can get it tuned by them haha. That'd be awesome!
    razornpc likes this.