1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st rear shock top bearing....

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by tommytwostroke, Mar 21, 2011.

1. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    2010 WR 125. I looked for any pics or info on removing top shock mount bearing and could not find any. Can someone help. Usually the collars just pop out and expose the bearing. Is this not the case with the Sachs rear shock? Is it just an elastomer between the collars?
  2. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I have my shock off and am wondering the same thing. Is there a needle bearing under the collars of the top shock mount?
  3. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    My 08 wr 250 uses a spherical bearing between collars.
  4. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I checked the all balls website and they only list a replacement kit for the bottom end of the shock?
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I also could not budge mine and ended up refitting the thing till I find a ohlins LOL
  6. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I got my replacement from the dealer I bought my bike from.He carries just about every husky part you could ever need.The shop is in the same region as you PowerKord
  7. motosportz mike CH Sponsor

There is a spherical bearing inside of it. The collars are probably seized a little. Check for a keeper and remove if necessary, then press the bearing assembly out. We do have the individual bearings and I think we may also have the "kit" which would include the bushings and seals if there are any. You can PM me dimensions if you need to make sure. Mike.
  8. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

The collars are splined on the outer diameter to dog into the aluminum, and are a somewhat press fit into the eye body. They fit tight from day one. Place the shock in a vice and look for the centerline inside the eye, place a drift against the centerline and you can drive out one side, flip it over and the other collar gets driven out.
  9. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Thanks everybody for your help. My question now is if I grip the shock with one hand should I be able to rotate the collars in the eyelet or would they only move under the force of the swingarm moving up and down?
  10. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    With brand new bearings top and bottom my shock has a little bit of play if I twist it side to side.