1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Rear wheel side to side play.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Nordman, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    When i was doing some work on my bike yesterday i noticed that the rear wheel has some play, not much tho. 1mm, maybe less.
    So....I guess its time to change bearings.
    Im wondering if bearings for 2000mod + will fit in my 1999.
    You see, one site sells a set for arround 20 bucks, but the site dosent show them if i choose 1999mod in their site-options..
    Only other site sells oem, and my god what a price. 60 dollars for the big bearing and 20 for the others. So 100-120 dollars for the whole set. Maybe tthe site shows wrong price, isnt this a very high price? Other parts are in the sick price range, like repairkit for the carb cost 160 dollars. you get a new carburator in that pricerange lol.

Im also wondering how risky it is to use the bike now, the wheel is fine. no noise etc, and the side to side play is minimal. Bike handles normal, so its not bad..
    Is there a big risk of damage the hub and so on if i continue using the bike for a short time, intil i gett the new set?
    If things go as planed, i will change it next week.
    And final question.
    Is it difficult changing bearing on this bike, something i should be aware of?

Tnx for help, and sorry for a messy post and bad english. Im very tired. :p
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
  3. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    try ebay and forget the site you search for stuff on seems extortionate,
    as stated dont ride on it unless you feel happy about having the rear lock up at any time!
  4. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    ok. Think i will let the bike take some time off. Take take the wheel off tomorrow to check the condition of the current bearing and so on, but it looked fine last late summer.. Tips and tricks are very welcome.
    Could it be other things that can create side play other than bad bearings, things to check and to do while i need to do this job anyways?

Still wondering if bearings for 2000+ fit my 1999mod , or have they made changes to the hubs?
    If not, i have no problem getting new bearings to a ok price. I have excel rims, unsure if i typed it right but its the original rims.

[IMG]

Looking at these: Prox Husqvarna WR250 2000 rear wheel bearings set. Many of the sites products dont show if choose model before 2000. Even tho i think they should fit, im not sure,
    Hope for fast anwser, so sort this out and order asap.

Btw. the reasion im not keen on ebay is that it could be a long wait just fore something simple as wheelbearings compared to buy from a norwegian store.
    When im gonna change piston and some other parts i will use ebay or sites from other contry.
    Again. Tnx allot for help. :)
  5. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    maybe check with allballs, just to see what fits..
    i will say before you install your new ones pop the seals out and pack some waterproof grease in, sometimes there is very little from the factory. this helps them last much longer
  6. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    If you go to the website that I provided a link for you can look up both the 1999 and 2000 part numbers to see if they are the same.
    juicypips likes this.
  7. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Last summer? Did you check before you put her too sleep?!? F#ck last summer you found an issue now, fix it now!
  8. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Excuse my french.
    marcmo0 likes this.
  9. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    ok. i will do that
  10. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    My bike dosent sleep. Vinter and summer, so long conditions make it possible to use it i use it every day! :D
    I changed tire last summer, last time wheel was off. Dont think the play problem is old. Not so long ago i worked on the bike that should have maked me aware of this.:)
  11. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    Damn it... Different partnumber..... Hmmm....:mad:
  12. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Hi mate.
    You could remove the bearings and take them to a bearing supply company. They should be able to supply suitable bearings using the numbers stamped on the old ones. Most motorcycle bearings are of a standard size (generic). I have found that seals can be more difficult to match and may not be a standard type.
    Best of luck.
  13. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Go to a bearing house and get 2 each 6004-2RS and 1 each 63004 2-RS bearings and you will be good to go.
  14. Nordman Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250
    Thanks. I will do that. :)