1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Reasons to love the 250/300.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by haulin husky7, Nov 23, 2011.

1. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75

Reasons that I love my WR, the 250/300's will lug down low and fly up high, handles awesome, semi light weight, indestructable, reliable, great looking, versatile, best sounding 2stroke, will climb anything, great traction. Now I know everybody would like to see a new model for the 250/300's including me, but the way I like to see it is the Wr's are so capable that husky thinks other manufactures 2t's have not surpassed the Wr's so their is no need to bring a new model (thats the way id like to think of it as). The motor may be older than some but if its not broke dont fix it, it works the same as any new motor, will do the same thing as any new motor and will probably outlast any new motor, THE OLDER THE WISER. Where else could you buy a new 1 year old bike for $4000 that has the same technology as the next year model? that price leaves money to be spent on how you want the bike to be used. I smile when I go to the local ktm shop and see an 09 200 for $6500 when I paid $4000 in the summer of 2010 for a NEW 2009 HUSKY WR250! This is why I love the WR's.

BTW- the video is the 09 steele creek gncc at 5-11 seconds is Glenn Kearney on the 300.
    TROFFER88 likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    There is a lot of truth in what you say. That old motor is a gem in the way it puts power out. But the GG and others are passing it by. Time for an upgrade IMHO.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Well, HH7, I'm right with you my brother. :thumbsup:
  4. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    If I could get my WR300 engine (with another gear) into my TXC511 frame........:rolleyes:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I want on in an x-light frame. with a WIDE 6sp.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    wish i could trade my GG 300 for a wr....any one of them from a 125 to a 300...

GG just doesnt fit my frame....
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Neither did mine until I put Fastway low pegs and tall bars on it. Getting a tall seat made soon. Feels good as is.
  9. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I borrowed a pair of low pegs....it didnt help much for me....I high a pair of woods high bars on now....

my problem really isnt the seat just the standing position is way akward...probably just me....
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I don't need any convincing!:D
  11. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    It is the best off road bike I've ever ridden. It took a little time to dial it in, but it was well worth the effort. I'd love a 6th gear and bigger stock tank, but the handling, stability, traction and power are superb.... the stuff that really matters.

I rode a brand new ktm 200xcw last weekend and while it was a beautiful bike and had great power it felt small and twitchy under me and I do not like that. Guess I like em big and plump :cheers:
  12. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I love that light twitchy feel...actually prefer a 125/150/200...keeps me on my toes...
  13. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Spot on, I love my 3 honey. I know everyone wants to add the lazy electric start and a lousy auto clutch, but I'll keep the simple kick only manual clutch. I want another 300 so freaking bad I can taste it!
  14. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Great bikes, shed some of the weight off it, would like an e start. Bad when you and another rider crash. Both get up at same time, he hits his e start button/takes off, while you are kicking a flooded bike, losing time.
    Would like to see one piece shrouds and some other updates.
  15. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    I'm getting mine('09)dialed in and like it better than my pumpkin. Also it's one of the best looking bikes out there IMO
  16. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

Had a 05 GG 300 I thought it was the best bike I ever rode , I,ve owned all the KTM,s never liked them . Went looking for another Gasser after got rid of 05 GG 300:doh: could not find one close , stumbled into Husky shop saw 09 WR250 there , price was right , thought I,ed give it a try , WOW best woods bike I,ve ever owned , man this thing just works don,t change a thing for me , leave the weight makes it stable , theres nothing to change in motor department its the 2t bench mark . I,m freaken unstoppable let me just revel in it . I,m not getting rid of this bike any time soon , makes me feel my youth ! Husky Rules . How old am I ?
    Steve-oh likes this.
  17. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

Love my 09' 250 ! I also have an 07 KTM 200xc and although I do like my little KTM enough to keep it as a spare bike I'll always prefer the big Husky ! Like every bike it has it's quirks and needs some set up but I can honestly say I have this thing handling better than any bike I've ever ridden ! I recently rode 2 different KTM 300s ....one was an 09xc and the other was an 08 xcw with full OHLINS suspension and a Rekluse EXP......couldn't wait to get back on my beloved stone age Husky ! Neither of them had anything power wise on my 250 and my stock suspension (with 5.8kg rear spring) fealt just as good or better than the OHLINS equipped bike ( he's a senior A rider weighing about the same as me) The xc with stock suspension was borderline un-rideable in the tight rocky singletrack we ride on.....no comparison there....Cornering ?.....again no comparison....the front wheel traction these late model WRs' have is impressive, The KTMs (my 200 included) seem to require you to really weight the front in corners for some reason....not a big deal after you develop the habit, It gets better if you dial in a little less rider sag but then they get even twitchier on the straights. My Husky (after getting the sag right with the stiffer rear spring) doesn't seem to care how my body is positioned in corners and always has a confidence inspiring stability. If/when they do update these bikes I hope most of these traits stay intact....just give us a few less pounds, a sixth gear and a kick starter and shifter re-design.....and maybe a hydro clutch....oh and a keihin !!