1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Rebuilt 2008 cr165 now there is rattle when clutch lever is out while idling

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Pedec, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So getting ready for are anual Moab trip. Did total rebuild on trusty 2008 CR 165 since connecting rod bearing was going and after spliting case only found one crank bearing was getting rough but other than that everything was good. Everything in clutch looked good so I did not replace anything even though it is stiil stock. Started bike and sound great but there is clutch rattle with clutch lever out while idling but no rattle whith cluth lever in. There is also no sound with bike in gear with clutch lever out while riding and clutch works great. Is there a simple fix or worth trying to fix. I think bike always did it alittle just seems a little worse or I might be just listening more since motor was rebuilt. Thanks for any help.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats pretty standard. I bet your over sensitive listening to it.
  3. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thats is what I think also. Is there any parts that I should order to help quiet it down or take with me on trip that might help. Clutch plates and basket are still in spec. It funny now that bike is all back together I was going to sell and make my 2013 wr125 into a 165 but I think I want t to keep this 2008 a little longer. I usually never have a hard time selling a old bike to fix up the new one but this time it hard to let it go. I want to take bike to Moab for are week of riding since it worked so good last year then sell it was my plan and already have a couple guys that want to buy it. I can see not wanting to sell it after Moab if it works as good as it did last year. There is really no need to own two 165 the wife tells me and it does make since I guess? image.jpg
    wallybean likes this.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I don't know, you have to have a spare bike. Life is short and you can never get back the lost riding time due to a break down. I would take both bikes to Moab with you!
    LAHuskyrider and MotoMarc36 like this.
  5. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am actually taking my KTM 250sx for the White Wash sand dunes riding area. We rode there last year for one day what a blast. I also added a 11 ounce flywheel weight and had suspension revalved for off road riding more than mx. The 250sx was a hand full before but great at the dunes. Guys will not let me take 3 bike I don't think. image.jpg
    Kyle Tarry likes this.