1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Recommended fluid when cleaning bottom end (burned clutch)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JDJ, Mar 26, 2013.

1. JDJ Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    prev07 YZ450F , 07 CRF250X , 03XR250
    I am replacing my clutch out due to a burned up revloc clutch (broken steel plate with metal fragments). I am wondering about what fluid one would recommend to clean out the bike. I plan on running some cheap motor oil through it once i get it all put back together but wonder if i should flush it out prior to re installing and if so what would i use? Mineral spirits, gas etc????
  2. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'd flush with diesel fuel & use a gallon of ATF from walmart for a few changes every ride.
  3. nonamerider Husqvarna
    AA Class

great advice old3 . atf change after ride. 3or4 times. magnetic drain plug a must. then go back to a good mc oil.
  4. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    Boom! Th@ts some great advice right there...
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    While the clutch cover is off I'd flush with a can of aerosol brake cleaner, it evaporates without leaving any residue. Then follow old3's advise on early first oil change and getting a magnetic drain plug.
  6. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    What do you mean when you say "metal fragments" it only take one fragment to ruin a trans bearing if it was a bike I raced or did long rides on I would split cases if they were more then making glitter looking oil
  7. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    split cases- inspect and replace as nec. or....

in frame- remove everything you can, tip 30* to right with drain plug out, flush as best you can with kerosene. after yer sure you got it all out, do it again swishing side to side then lean bike over on open side and do it again and let it drain overnight on its side...then do it again still leaned over with a cheap thin wand sprayer from a local garden shop. button it up and fill with cheap 30w. start, idle for a bit, dont ride, and drain, repeat as nec. as stated use a mag plug and prey a lot.

i'd avoid strong contact cleaners and the like. kerosene seems to do a good job of suspending and taking the oiily crud and bits for a ride in my experience.